Fish in Phillipines -http://goo.gl/olReA

Fish in Haiti -[www.france24.com]

Manatees in Florida -[www.bymnews.com]

Whales in Florida -[www.orlandosentinel.com]

Starfish/jellyfish in South Carolina -[www.abcnews4.com]

Tropical whale in New Zealand -[www.northernadvocate.co.nz]

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
SOOoooooooo... Does anybody happen to know if Chuck Norris plays Angry Birds?

Maybe he moved on to Angry Fish after that???

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Angry Pitbulls Attack

SOOoooooooo... Does anybody happen to know if Chuck Norris plays Angry Birds?

Maybe he moved on to Angry Fish after that???

Speaking of Angry Birds, what about angry dogs.

New thread coming on this one since it gets the dog lovers shorts in a bundle.

I think one of the posters said they were not pit bulls, but gotta have some fun with it. Ohhhhh, the poor Yorkie that was eaten up earlier.

Mount Vernon Man Hospitalized After Savage Dog Pack Attack CBS New York – News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the Best of NY

“I saw three huge dogs on top of him and he was just screaming. He was already bloody. His leg was being ripped open,” witness Dee Dee Smith said.

The victim was just trying to get to his front door but the dogs kept attacking. They brought him down, chewed him up and began dragging him back toward the street. Horrified neighbors alerted by his screams began throwing things out the window. A brick finally hit one of the dogs and seemed to break the spell.

“I was right there hanging out of my living room window and I about fell out. That’s how close to him. I’m still scared. I don’t even want to go grocery shopping today I’m so scared,” Smith said.

Responding Mount Vernon Police officers shot and killed one of the animals and captured another. Witnesses said the third dog got away.

Bonehead

Snapper

What's really frightening is that the fish that washed ashore in New Zealand were missing their EYES.
ZOIKS!

Are a deep water fish when you bring them to the surface their eyes basically rupture due to the pressure difference, or lack of pressure.

Hmmmmm....

When the magnetic field does reverse, it won't be like someone hit a light switch - the process can take thousands of years, and that's part of the problem. While the poles are in midflip, the earth will have a much weaker magnetic field than normal, allowing more solar and cosmic radiation to penetrate. Recent research suggests that a weak magnetic field could lead to severe damage of the ozone layer, letting in more ultraviolet radiation and sharply increasing skin cancer rates, resulting in perhaps a hundred thousand additional cancer deaths per year. Pole flips generally haven't coincided with mass wildlife extinctions, so most plants and animals (presumably including us) will likely survive.

Still, during the flipping process not only would the north and south poles radically shift location, there might be several different small poles scattered around the planet. This could lead to disruption of electrical systems and satellites, auroras appearing at tropical latitudes, and widespread death (or at least confusion) among animals like the loggerhead turtle that rely upon the earth's magnetic field for navigation. So OK, things might get ugly for a bit. But my guess is we'll deal.

The Straight Dope: Are the earth's magnetic poles shifting?

Hmmmmm....

When the magnetic field does reverse, it won't be like someone hit a light switch - the process can take thousands of years, and that's part of the problem. While the poles are in midflip, the earth will have a much weaker magnetic field than normal, allowing more solar and cosmic radiation to penetrate. Recent research suggests that a weak magnetic field could lead to severe damage of the ozone layer, letting in more ultraviolet radiation and sharply increasing skin cancer rates, resulting in perhaps a hundred thousand additional cancer deaths per year. Pole flips generally haven't coincided with mass wildlife extinctions, so most plants and animals (presumably including us) will likely survive.

Still, during the flipping process not only would the north and south poles radically shift location, there might be several different small poles scattered around the planet. This could lead to disruption of electrical systems and satellites, auroras appearing at tropical latitudes, and widespread death (or at least confusion) among animals like the loggerhead turtle that rely upon the earth's magnetic field for navigation. So OK, things might get ugly for a bit. But my guess is we'll deal.

The Straight Dope: Are the earth's magnetic poles shifting?

I don't know which way is up. Will that change?

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Redwing Blackbirds are DEMOCRATS!

Issue is solved. AFLOCKOLYPSE

Last edited:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Wow, this is wierd! In the last 100 years, there have only been 100 years where mass fish and bird kills were reported!

U.S. Fish and Wildife Service says 174 million birds are killed each year by power transmission lines, and another 67 million due to poisining from crops.

I'd bet that more than one of these reports are from a flock stopping in a field that was recently treated with a pesticide, fungicide, or herbicide.

As for the fish, the bay kill is completely believeable as too cold too fast since it happens every few years. Some of the other fish kills can also be from runoff, pollution, and oxygen depletion. The ocean kills can easily be from under water volcanic activity, or even the release of nasty stuff from undersea vents.

The only reason it seems unusual this year is because the media has latched onto it - like the year they latched onto shark attacks even though the numbers were normal.

Or maybe Dick Cheney got fixed his earthquake causing weather machine.....