Biting & Nipping

Lately, my 2 1/2 year old paint gelding is starting to bite and nip. He does it when I'm petting him.
Sometimes, when I'm in his stall he comes over and starts nipping at me for no reason.

What can I do to break this habit?

camily

Peace
appyday said:
I'd knock the shiat out of him...pop him dead in the lips..if he continues to do it say when I was picking his stall I would get him with the pitch fork until he tried to climb out the window...he will learn to respect your space in no time :bubble:

Almost like Rosered said...bite him back..I'd bite him with my fist or apple picker..you are the boss let him know it..if he were in a herd and bit at the alfa mare she would tear him up and push him from her space (group) you need to do the same..

or you could follow the peta crowd and tell him :nono: until he picks you up by your back and slings you to the floor.
Wow Appy, you ARE a meanie. :lmao: :killingme

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
appyday said:
I'd knock the shiat out of him...pop him dead in the lips..if he continues to do it say when I was picking his stall I would get him with the pitch fork until he tried to climb out the window
Holy crap

camily said:
Wow Appy, you ARE a meanie. :lmao: :killingme
In all seriousness, she is gaining the alpha role as they do in nature. As mean as it sounds, it gives the horse a firm definition of boundaries and what is unacceptable. It works for dogs and kids as well.

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
kwillia said:
In all seriousness, she is gaining the alpha role as they do in nature. As mean as it sounds, it gives the horse a firm definition of boundaries and what is unacceptable. It works for dogs and kids as well.

Anyone who has ever watched horses "rumble" in the pasture, has seen them Kick the Crud out of each other (usually) with no dire wounding.

as mean as it sounds, do you really think your going to hurt a horse?

Typically the "correction" comes more from the act than the actual physical deed itself.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
appyday said:
I'd knock the shiat out of him...pop him dead in the lips..if he continues to do it say when I was picking his stall I would get him with the pitch fork until he tried to climb out the window...he will learn to respect your space in no time :bubble:

Almost like Rosered said...bite him back..I'd bite him with my fist or apple picker..you are the boss let him know it..if he were in a herd and bit at the alfa mare she would tear him up and push him from her space (group) you need to do the same..

or you could follow the peta crowd and tell him :nono: until he picks you up by your back and slings you to the floor.

I was going to be a smart arse and say "Slap da taste outa his mouf" but that would be too gentle... :lmao:

rack'm

Jaded
SAHRAB said:
Anyone who has ever watched horses "rumble" in the pasture, has seen them Kick the Crud out of each other (usually) with no dire wounding.

as mean as it sounds, do you really think your going to hurt a horse?

I've personally witnessed someone knockout a small horse....:killingme