Biting & Nipping

W

WildHorses

I've bitten a pony back right on his nose and, to this day, that pony does not bite me. On another occasion a pony bit me and without thinking (because I usually do stop to think, despite what some may believe), I turned around and slammed him as hard as I could. To this day that pony has never bitten me again either. :flowers:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Just make sure she hits from the other side of the fence, though, right? :yikes:

Otherwise, I'd be worried that the horse might rear up and stomp her in the ground.

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
appyday said:
So your saying I dont need to give you the first green I was ever going to give you??

BTW I met someone today that knows you and your wife...says the wife is really a nice gal :yay:

thats cuz i'm only nice to nice people :smack:

camily

Peace
kwillia said:
In all seriousness, she is gaining the alpha role as they do in nature. As mean as it sounds, it gives the horse a firm definition of boundaries and what is unacceptable. It works for dogs and kids as well.
Oh, I know, I was just messin' with her. It sounds so funny though!!!

appyday said:
I'd knock the shiat out of him...pop him dead in the lips..if he continues to do it say when I was picking his stall I would get him with the pitch fork until he tried to climb out the window...he will learn to respect your space in no time :bubble:

Almost like Rosered said...bite him back..I'd bite him with my fist or apple picker..you are the boss let him know it..if he were in a herd and bit at the alfa mare she would tear him up and push him from her space (group) you need to do the same..

or you could follow the peta crowd and tell him :nono: until he picks you up by your back and slings you to the floor.

WOW. This seems really mean, but I don't want him slinging me to the floor either !!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I had a couple loaded up in the stock trailer, and was loading the third (a pony who was submissive) and the middle mare bit the shiat outta my back/shoulder as i turned to clip the 3rd mare. Quick as a lick i turned around a you'da thought I was KILLIN that mare :lol: I was SO pizzed!! I was doing more yelling/screaming and jumping up and down than actually whacking her, but SHE sure as heck thought I was killing her, and so did my daughter who as across the way retrieving her son...she came RUNNING to see what was going on. I'm still not sure WHY that mare chomped me, I'd ridden her all day with absolutely NO issues what so ever...she never gives me pause, but that day :shrug: couldn't tell ya what was up her but. I HOPE she related the "abuse" I threw at her to the deed.