Bizarre Foods

S

somdebay

Has anyone else seen that show on the travel channel? There are some amazing looking dishes on there, but some things I could not fathom eating.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I ate jellyfish in Chinatown years ago. That's about the gist of my adventurous eating. My Mom eats pigs feet, hog maw, brains, tripe, chicken gizzards, liver and all sorts of disgusting things.

Pandora

I worked with this guy who fed me everything you can imagine. I was never allowed to ask what is was and in lieu of listening to him call me chicken, I tried it. He drove from the Eastern Shore to Waldorf everyday he had to work for nearly 3 years and we worked together for 3 years.

http://franksseafood.com/prices.php <--- I've eaten everything off their menu just about including Octopus.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I learned that when I was hungry overseas, it's best not to ask what you're eating till you're done.
I've had dog, cat, monkey, raw octopus, raw tuna, sea turtle, fruit bat, goat and horse

K

Kain99

aps45819 said:
I learned that when I was hungry overseas, it's best not to ask what you're eating till you're done.
I've had dog, cat, monkey, raw octopus, raw tuna, sea turtle, fruit bat, goat and horse
Mentally... I couldn't do it.

gwa

Kain99 said:
Thai food is the most adventerous I have ever gone.... :lmao:

When I visited my wife's family they had me eating something but would not tell me what it was. A couple of days later she said that it was roasted dung beatles. I would have rather never knew what I was eating. Guess you can say I had a s()* eating grin thanks to all the Singha beer I was drinking.

Last edited:
aps45819 said:
The only one of those I'm pretty sure I haven't had is fruit bat. Sounds like it might be o.k. Mammals don't bother me, it's when you start getting into the insect kindom.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
thakidistight said:
Balut is a fertilized duck egg with a nearly-developed embryo inside that is boiled and eaten in the shell :yay:
They're not boiled, they're buried for 10-12 days then dug up and eaten. That's what gives them that special aroma

aps45819 said:
They're not boiled, they're buried for 10-12 days then dug up and eaten. That's what gives them that special aroma
Well every time I have seen them or heard of them they have been boiled, me and a friend of mine from the Phillipines were just talking about it a few days ago actually, she loves them :shrug:

Also known as the "treat with feet" or "eggs with legs" :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
somdebay said:
Has anyone else seen that show on the travel channel? There are some amazing looking dishes on there, but some things I could not fathom eating.
It is on tomorrow night at 9pm.

greyhound

We visited my brother in law out in Colorado. Much to my surprise...he had a freezer full of Rocky mountain Oysters.... :barf:

Foxhound

Finishing last
vraiblonde said:
I ate jellyfish in Chinatown years ago. That's about the gist of my adventurous eating. My Mom eats pigs feet, hog maw, brains, tripe, chicken gizzards, liver and all sorts of disgusting things.

I'm glad I'm not the onlyone to have had jellyfish! I ate jellyfish soup at a restaurant in Tokyo years ago. I'm an adventurous eater. I'de be willing to eat most of the things I have seen on How Bizzare. No reservations usually has some odd food as well.

Bolutes!! (sp) I don't know if I could eat those. I mean really, rotten half formed chicken embrioes!!!! Uhhgg!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
thakidistight said:
Balut is a fertilized duck egg with a nearly-developed embryo inside that is boiled and eaten in the shell
Barf :dead:

I don't think I could even watch someone eat that without getting violently ill.