Bizarre Foods

Foxhound

Finishing last
desertrat said:
The only one of those I'm pretty sure I haven't had is fruit bat. Sounds like it might be o.k. Mammals don't bother me, it's when you start getting into the insect kindom.

I've eaten ants, they weren't bad. The worst thing thing I have ever eaten (that I didn't like) was raw squid. I like calamari but never again will I eat raw squid.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
thakidistight said:
Well every time I have seen them or heard of them they have been boiled, me and a friend of mine from the Phillipines were just talking about it a few days ago actually, she loves them :shrug:

Also known as the "treat with feet" or "eggs with legs" :yay:
:yeahthat: They might be buried for 10-12 days to keep them warm before cooking, but as far as I know, they're boiled before you eat them.

Foxhound said:
I've eaten ants, they weren't bad. The worst thing thing I have ever eaten (that I didn't like) was raw squid. I like calamari but never again will I eat raw squid.
I barely can use raw squid for bait.

W

Wenchy

balut

I can eat a lot of strange things...but:

Oh! Who's starting the dinner thread? :popcorn:

Attachments

• balut.jpg
    balut.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 84
greyhound said:
We visited my brother in law out in Colorado. Much to my surprise...he had a freezer full of Rocky mountain Oysters.... :barf:
Had those, I kind of am reluctant to admit. Deep fried and breaded, not bad, but you had to forget what you were actually eating or you'd never start.

greyhound

desertrat said:
Had those, I kind of am reluctant to admit. Deep fried and breaded, not bad, but you had to forget what you were actually eating or you'd never start.

I asked him..."as a man, what would compel you to eat that?"