Blacks under represented in symphony orchestras.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Welp, like them or not they are most definitely art. I like them both but when a woman looks like a comic book I don't know whether to read her or ^$&( her. o_O
I've seen the Sistine Chapel, I learned to play the recorder in 6th grade and cannot play a sport to save my life and can barely draw a stick figure. But I can cook! :lmao:

WingsOfGold

I've seen the Sistine Chapel, I learned to play the recorder in 6th grade and cannot play a sport to save my life and can barely draw a stick figure. But I can cook! :lmao:
Cooking is NOT her forte, since I spent a good deal of the day grinding up deer she said she will cook tonight. Using my homemade sauce she is boiling and baking bowties and calling it baked ziti. :rolleyes:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

It seems that blacks are underrepresented in rocket and space flight sciences as well. Maybe they don't have the patience for the time it takes to study and apply their learned knowledge? It can't be because they lack the intelligence seeing as there are low to little standards standing their way to access academic institutions of higher learning and full boat scholarships available to them.

1*scch0__ZVutp9N2MmflLCg.jpeg

science_college-rocket_students.jpg

spacex-office-599x320.jpg

Spaceport-Cup-2019-All-Teams.jpg

Hijinx

‘Our orchestras are less than two per cent black,’
They don't know how lucky they are.

I worked at a job that had few blacks. We had no problems, then along came the renaissance, the addition of blacks, the Affirmative action jobs, the quota's .We got a lot more blacks.
It started with us getting 2. With two they stopped getting along with us and started going along with each other.
The more blacks we got the less socializing (engagement) with each other.
I suppose when they were the lone black they had no choice other than to get along with their white co-workers, but with 2 they could mix with each other and not bother to be part of the group we had. I don't need to say that as more and more were added it just got worse.

Pretty soon they stopped joining our Union and formed their own association,
So, When I say they should count themselves lucky, I mean they can get along fine with blacks as long as the blacks are few, when their numbers increase, their problems will start.

OK start the flames.

Last edited:

DaSDGuy

When I listen to music, I use my ears, not my eyes. If I like what I hear I continue listening. If not, I stop listening.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So, When I say they should count themselves lucky, I mean they can get along fine with blacks as long as the blacks are few, when their numbers increase, their problems will start.

I'm pretty sure that's how black people think about white people - they're fine if there's only a couple of them, but problems begin when their numbers increase.

We separate into tribes. It's just what humans do. We separate by race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, you name it. So that's probably why black people don't want to be in the symphony orchestra, or snow ski, or go to the national parks - too many white people.

My black guy bestie didn't like to go to Celtic festival with me. Too many white people and some insulting thing always happened. And it wasn't his imagination or him being overly sensitive because I saw it too. As long as there are jerks, we humans will gather within the emotional safety of our tribes. It's just the way it is and we really should stop trying to make it something else. Leave people alone and let them congregate the way they want to.