Blind Date

J

julz20684

Ok so my girlfriend is setting up a date for me with this man she met. He's an associate of her husband's...has GREAT things to say about him. So date setup and he wants my number to talk with me a few times before date night. No problem, I'm good with that.

The few times has been many, many, many times. Now this all just came about just Wednesday, he called me 3 times Thursday, first call of the day at 7 a.m. and twice today. First message left at 8:30 a.m., I didn't call back cuz I was very busy all day packing and loading trailer, so decided to wait until I take a break and I'll call back. 12:30 he's calling again. :rolleyes:

Finally I decide to call him this evening; typical chit chat, did you get your stuff done, why didn't you call me so I could help you with the load for the landfill....Well because I got it done but thank you very much. Did anyone help you....No....you mean you did it by yourself....Yes.

So each conversation he sounds like he's selling himself for a job position. I tell him I'll see him Sunday. Can I call you tonight....Uh, I'm going to be watching a movie with my kids and then get to bed early. Can I call you tomorrow....I'll be gone all day at my daughter's game. Wanna stop by for a glass of wine this evening....Uh No but thank you. Want me to come by your place....uh No.

Is it just me or does this seem like OVERKILL????

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
julz20684 said:
The few times has been many, many, many times. Now this all just came about just Wednesday, he called me 3 times Thursday, first call of the day at 7 a.m. and twice today. First message left at 8:30 a.m., I didn't call back cuz I was very busy all day packing and loading trailer, so decided to wait until I take a break and I'll call back. 12:30 he's calling again.
:killingme

Hey, Rose!! :lmao:

Julz, do yourself a favor and tell him to go away. He sounds desperate as hell and who needs that?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
julz20684 said:
Ok so my girlfriend is setting up a date for me with this man she met. He's an associate of her husband's...has GREAT things to say about him. So date setup and he wants my number to talk with me a few times before date night. No problem, I'm good with that.

The few times has been many, many, many times. Now this all just came about just Wednesday, he called me 3 times Thursday, first call of the day at 7 a.m. and twice today. First message left at 8:30 a.m., I didn't call back cuz I was very busy all day packing and loading trailer, so decided to wait until I take a break and I'll call back. 12:30 he's calling again. :rolleyes:

Finally I decide to call him this evening; typical chit chat, did you get your stuff done, why didn't you call me so I could help you with the load for the landfill....Well because I got it done but thank you very much. Did anyone help you....No....you mean you did it by yourself....Yes.

So each conversation he sounds like he's selling himself for a job position. I tell him I'll see him Sunday. Can I call you tonight....Uh, I'm going to be watching a movie with my kids and then get to bed early. Can I call you tomorrow....I'll be gone all day at my daughter's game. Wanna stop by for a glass of wine this evening....Uh No but thank you. Want me to come by your place....uh No.

Where does this guy work?

J

julz20684

Yeah it's giving me the heebiejeebies!

Rose, all I know is he's former Marine, works as a Program Manager for an electric engineering firm.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:

Julz, do yourself a favor and tell him to go away. He sounds desperate as hell and who needs that?

I told you the story this afternoon! :jet: :roflmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Seriously...

julz20684 said:
Yeah it's giving me the heebiejeebies!

Rose, all I know is he's former Marine, works as a Program Manager for an electric engineering firm.
PM me.

J

julz20684

vraiblonde said:

:shocking:

J

julz20684

jazz lady said:

:huggy: You all aren't telling me what my instinct hasn't already. I'll let you know the phone count tomorrow.

Nighty night

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
julz20684 said:
:huggy: You all aren't telling me what my instinct hasn't already. I'll let you know the phone count tomorrow.
Always trust your instincts. They'll never fail you. I've learned the hard way that ignoring them can be quite painful. :ohwell:

Nighty night

Goodnight. :huggy:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
julz20684 said:

Does his name start with a W?! Cause I swear to gawd I just went through this! :lmao: This guy must have called me twelve times the first day he got my number. I wound up telling him I wasn't interested!

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
julz20684 said:

Nighty night

What was the phone count?!?! :lmao:

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
jazz lady said:
Always trust your instincts. They'll never fail you. I've learned the hard way that ignoring them can be quite painful. :ohwell:

:yeahthat: When intuition and reasoning don't agree, intuition is usually right. Too many of us have been there.

I suggest running. Not walking... Not trying to let him down easily... Run full bore in the other direction. :yay: