Blind Dates...

Blondie76

Originally posted by BullDawg
If that's the way you truely feel, do him the favor and don't go out with him again. I've been on several blind dates. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Not worth dragging out if there is not mutual interest.

:yeahthat: Totally agree...so what do I say to him if he calls? Should I just be blunt? Tell him I'm not attracted to him? There is one other reason I don't think it would even work. He works nights and mostly on the weekends. So it would be rough for us to coordinate dates anyway. I'm usually pretty busy after work going to the gym or running some arounds, or just not up to going out depending on how I'm feeling after work. And weeknights are usually the only time he has off. So do I go w/ the conflicting schedule or I'm just not attracted to you?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Be honest, but not mean. Say "thanks, I did have a good time when we went out, but I really didn't feel a connection with you. Maybe we can hang out as friends (the kiss of death), but right now I have other "interests" I am pursuing." If he is persistant, then you can be brutally honest. Best not to use the conflicting schedules, cause then he'll keep calling thinking you are really interested.

BullDawg

Duck Molester
Originally posted by Blondie76
:yeahthat: Totally agree...so what do I say to him if he calls?

My advice would be to invest in caller id! That is a must for any single person these days. Any guy who doesn't get the hint after 2 or 3 unreturned calls is a :loser: anyway.

Blondie76

Originally posted by migtig
Be honest, but not mean. Say "thanks, I did have a good time when we went out, but I really didn't feel a connection with you. Maybe we can hang out as friends (the kiss of death), but right now I have other "interests" I am pursuing." If he is persistant, then you can be brutally honest. Best not to use the conflicting schedules, cause then he'll keep calling thinking you are really interested.

Good point. He did call yesterday and wanted to see a movie Wednesday, but told him I wouldn't be able to. At the end of the conversation he kinda left the ball in my court...meaning I should call him if I want to go out. I don't plan on calling him so I guess will see how long that lasts before he calls me again.

Blondie76

My advice would be to invest in caller id! That is a must for any single person these days. Any guy who doesn't get the hint after 2 or 3 unreturned calls is a :loser: anyway.

Yeah - thankfully I have caller I.D. at work, home and on my cell...and he has all 3 numbers!!! I only gave him my cell number and that was with hesitation. He got my home number and work number from my family member (she gave it to his mom). So I guess if he doesn't get the hint when he gets VM on all my lines...:rolleyes:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Yeah - thankfully I have caller I.D. at work, home and on my cell...and he has all 3 numbers!!! I only gave him my cell number and that was with hesitation. He got my home number and work number from my family member (she gave it to his mom). So I guess if he doesn't get the hint when he gets VM on all my lines...:rolleyes:
:nono: That really is the totally wrong approach. Be honest and then you won't have to worry about avoiding his calls, and you don't have to worry about ticking off the people who set you two up. :rolleyes: Talk about high school maturity level you and Bulldawg are showing. By avoiding him and being coy, you are painting yourself into a corner.

Blondie76

:nono: That really is the totally wrong approach. Be honest and then you won't have to worry about avoiding his calls, and you don't have to worry about ticking off the people who set you two up. :rolleyes: Talk about high school maturity level you and Bulldawg are showing. By avoiding him and being coy, you are painting yourself into a corner.

Honestly - I wouldn't do that. I would feel really bad if I did. Then if I ran into him I would feel even worse. I'm just not going to make an effort to call him. If he calls me I will just tell him upfront that I'm not interested.

mainman

Set Trippin
Yep - do you go to either?
sport & health...checked on golds. @ the time Golds was like almost twice as much as S&H....I havent been as much recently, I'm getting ready to make time though...

BullDawg

Duck Molester
Why, u gonna start stalking me :biggrin: :wink:

Gold's - thinking about switching to Sport and Health

No, stalking is not my style. I've beent to both gyms. Golds is much better. I'd stay there if I was you.

Blondie76

No, stalking is not my style. I've beent to both gyms. Golds is much better. I'd stay there if I was you.

Yeah - it's not bad. I've been there for about 3 years now I think. Sometimes it's a little too crowded so I try to go late on weeknights and usually go around noon on weekends. Hate waiting for equipment.

BullDawg

Duck Molester

Mig, I don't see it being immature in anyway. She has told the guy that she's not that interested. He's gone out of his way to get all of her numbers. Why shouldn't she screen his calls? From someone who juggles 4 guys at a time, I'm sure you've screened a call or two. Have you always returned the calls from the guys who call you looking for a second or third date when you are not interested? Probably not, that just the way it works.

Blondie76

Mig, I don't see it being immature in anyway. She has told the guy that she's not that interested. He's gone out of his way to get all of her numbers. Why shouldn't she screen his calls? From someone who juggles 4 guys at a time, I'm sure you've screened a call or two. Have you always returned the calls from the guys who call you looking for a second or third date when you are not interested? Probably not, that just the way it works.

Actually I haven't told him yet...was gonna tell him the next time he asked me out...:ohwell: Sorry if there was confusion on that part. My bad.

BullDawg

Duck Molester
Yeah - it's not bad. I've been there for about 3 years now I think. Sometimes it's a little too crowded so I try to go late on weeknights and usually go around noon on weekends. Hate waiting for equipment.

Yea, I've noticed it's been crowded there in the afternoons especially around 4-5. I think that is because of all of the rain that we've been having lately. They have a lot of equipment, so I usually don't find myself waiting.

BullDawg

Duck Molester
Actually I haven't told him yet...

In your actions and hestiation, you've told him. I'd really be surprised if he called especially since he's left the next move up to you.

Blondie76

Yea, I've noticed it's been crowded there in the afternoons especially around 4-5. I think that is because of all of the rain that we've been having lately. They have a lot of equipment, so I usually don't find myself waiting.

I use mostly cardio equipment. I really like the 3 elipitcal trainers they have...unfortunately so does everyone else. So sometimes I have to wait for those.