Blockers in left lane....have a ticket.

Should Maryland have a "Keep Right Law"

• Left lane for passing or turning left

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Keep right if going slower than traffic flow regardless of speed limit or when being overtaken

Votes: 46 48.4%
  • Keep right if going slower than speed limit

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Mr. Magoo would be proud when he looks in the rear view mirror...

Votes: 9 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FED_UP

Slow people in the left lane just need to get the F out the way when someone is coming up on them, just common sense. This is not rocket science, I don't need the law to tell me one way or the other, its common knowledge; if you have not figured this out yet you need to turn your license in. I said the with out insult too anyone I did a good job I think.

sockgirl77

Slow people in the left lane just need to get the F out the way when someone is coming up on them, just common sense. This is not rocket science, I don't need the law to tell me one way or the other, its common knowledge; if you have not figured this out yet you need to turn your license in.

People that obey driving laws should not have to turn in their license. :shrug:

DEEKAYPEE8569

Slow people in the left lane just need to get the F out the way when someone is coming up on them, just common sense. This is not rocket science, I don't need the law to tell me one way or the other, its common knowledge; if you have not figured this out yet you need to turn your license in.

You're assuming that the ones' that do that kinda thing have a license.

FED_UP

People that obey driving laws should not have to turn in their license. :shrug:

There needs to be a law about not having common sense. Your trying to lure me too debate with you :killingme not falling for it. So your one of those people that don't want to exercise common sense. I will call the cops today to arrest your pretty azz. :smack: Big Momba will be waiting for you in cell number 3. Time for this thread to get some more humor :howdy:

sockgirl77

There needs to be a law about not having common sense. Your trying to lure me too debate with you :killingme not falling for it. So your one of those people that don't want to exercise common sense. I will call the cops today to arrest your pretty azz. :smack: Big Momba will be waiting for you in cell number 3. Time for this thread to get some more humor :howdy:

I tried to insert humor into this thread. Nobody appreciated it. :lol:

bcp

In My Opinion
So you are trying to govern what other people do? I figured with your quote about gun control you would be the last one to want others saying what you can and can't do.

Not trying to govern what others do, Im just not willing to jump out of their way for them to do it. they can pass and speed their happy ass on down the road.
And my thoughts on guns are pretty close, maybe more restrictive.
You can have all the guns you want, I just insist that you use them responsibly without endangering others.

So, your argument is pretty much of a loss here.
or, is it ok for you to govern how I drive?

MMDad

Lem Putt
Do you know that the majority of accidents on the highway are caused by lane changing?

the second cause is speeding, in the left lane.
Odd. According to NHTSA lane changing is only a factor in 2.1% of crashes. Do you have any data to back up your "facts?"

In fact, according to NHTSA most crashes happen turning or crossing intersections, followed by running off the road.

Distraction and inattention cause about 41% of crashes. Driving too fast for conditions or curves causes <10%. Tailgating causes 1%, and aggressive driving causes 1.4%. Misjudging "gap or others speed" would be the closest thing to lane changing, and causes 3.2% of crashes.

thurley42

HY;FR
Odd. According to NHTSA lane changing is only a factor in 2.1% of crashes. Do you have any data to back up your "facts?"

In fact, according to NHTSA most crashes happen turning or crossing intersections, followed by running off the road.

Distraction and inattention cause about 41% of crashes. Driving too fast for conditions or curves causes <10%. Tailgating causes 1%, and aggressive driving causes 1.4%. Misjudging "gap or others speed" would be the closest thing to lane changing, and causes 3.2% of crashes.

Boom!

glhs837

Power with Control
This is true, but you don't often see tickets being handed out around here; not for 'exceeding the posted speed limit' anyway.

:killingme:killingme:killingme

Tailgate me on a two lane road when Im doing the speed limit, and, you think I should find a shoulder, pull over and let people buy? :killingme:killingme

I about pooed myself lauging at that one.
how about this.
tailgate me on a 2 lane road like,, oh lets say 214 as Im heading home, and watch how fast I start to slow down at every damn driveway to make it look like Im lost and searching for an address.

Dee, I would bet that over %80 of all citations are for exceeding the speed limit. Judging by the stats released for things like Smooth Operator.

bcp? Who said anything about tailgating? Not me, I dont tailgate.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
There was a time when 235 was two lanes. Can you imagine the cluster ***k if it went back to that now?

Maybe they could build a right hand turn only/passing lane like we have in the dorf. You get over, put on your turn signal, pass a bunch of cars then get back into traffic farther up the road.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

slotpuppy said:
There was a time when 235 was two lanes. Can you imagine the cluster ***k if it went back to that now?

Maybe they could build a right hand turn only/passing lane like we have in the dorf. You get over, put on your turn signal, pass a bunch of cars then get back into traffic farther up the road.

They already have that :shrug:

mAlice

professional daydreamer

We already have one of those. It runs north from gate 1 to rt 4.

PsyOps

Pixelated
If there is room to pass I have no problems it is when the person in the left lane is creating a rolling road block with the person in the right lane. This is what I find inconsiderate.

Life is a rolling roadblock. Deal with it or get off life’s road.

SG_Player1974

Uhhhh...

No such thing! That is a TURN ONLY LANE! It is not intended as a "passing lane" according to traffic law.

Although, most folks around here that DO use it as a passing lane have no concept of traffic laws anyway! :coffee: