Blood Feathers

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Ok, they so far all have yellow yolks, no blood. Do I take all those out and wait for the ones she may lay now since I have seen them actually mate or do I just wait?

PS, Doc says she is still a good healthy weight and is in good shape for having produced so many.

I think I would start by numbering what you have or just put a * on them or something...then you can relook at them and the others if she lays more..when you know the ones marked * have been sat on a week or so and still clear chuck them...

M

Mousebaby

I think I would start by numbering what you have or just put a * on them or something...then you can relook at them and the others if she lays more..when you know the ones marked * have been sat on a week or so and still clear chuck them...

Not to sound stupid or anything (like I haven't already) what do I mark them with, I don't want to make her upset with any smells or have them rub off or whatever.

Cowgirl

Mouse, just remember as hard as it might be for you to remove the eggs and not let them hatch, it might be even harder to find good, life-long homes for the babies. Unless you plan on keeping all of the babies you hatch out....

M

Mousebaby

Mouse, just remember as hard as it might be for you to remove the eggs and not let them hatch, it might be even harder to find good, life-long homes for the babies. Unless you plan on keeping all of the babies you hatch out....

Well actually I have someone in mind that MIGHT take them off my hands and raise them for me and make her/himself some extra money. I don't want any money from it so it would be all theirs. :biggrin: