Blue-eyed Blues

BOP

"Sweet Jane" - Lou Reed, feat. Steve Hunter and Randy Wagner. Lou Reed was a thing amongst the stoners in my squadron.

BOP

This is John Mayall, post Bluesbreakers, with Jon Mark, Steve Thompson, and Johnny Almond. If I recall correctly, this was recorded live at the famous Fillmore East. I picked this album up overseas back in the '70s, and have been grooving to it ever since. My all-time favorite Mayall album, "The Turning Point." Notice that there are no drums on this album; at least not the initial release, which was 7 songs. There were bonus tracks on the 2001 reissue, but I haven't listened to them, so I can't tell if there are any drums on those 3 tracks or not.

There is an upload of the entire album on youtube, but it's pretty scratchy, so I chose to go with the track-by-track version. I'll work on a post with the 3 bonus tracks.

Here are the original tracks for the album:
Side one
"The Laws Must Change" – 7:21
"Saw Mill Gulch Road" – 4:39
"I'm Gonna Fight For You J.B." – 5:27
"So Hard To Share" – 7:05

Side two
"California" (Mayall, Steve Thompson) – 9:30
"Thoughts About Roxanne" (Mayall, Thompson) – 8:20
"Room To Move" – 5:03

Edit: Dur!

Last edited:

BOP

John Mayall "Turning Point" bonus tracks.

"Sleeping by Her Side"

"Don't Waste My Time"

"Can't Sleep This Night"

BOP

I'll see if I can't find a longer version of this. In the meantime, Peter Green and John Mayall, "The Supernatural."

BOP

I can't either. In the meantime, I think you'll like this. Not the same song, but a good one just the same.

"Worried Dream"

RPMDAD

yes, like very much. i sure do miss the like button. some very good tunes you pick. Peter Green and Fleetwood Mac ? Wow Like BB's version. but like this one you posted better.

Last edited:

BOP

Tab Benoit tearin' it up at the 2014 NOLA Jazz & Heritage Festival. It's rockin' blues; it's swamp rock; it's awesome!

BOP

Hope you all aren't tired of Tab Benoit and "Night Train," cuz it's coming right at you.

BOP

To me, one of the really unsung, underrated bands of their time. Haven't rocked out to them in a long time, though I think I have posted one or two of their songs elsewhere under Music. If you look at Wikipedia, there are an amazing number of band members who have come and gone over the years, and that's not including the number of guest members. I'm not sure it has the "Who's who" kind of thing that Delaney and Bonnie and Friends had going on, but for sheer numbers of people who have come and gone over the years. Also, the number of albums Savoy Brown has put out is impressive as well. I'm not sure who holds the record for sheer numbers, or longevity of the band itself, but SB has to rate way up there.

This one is called "Needle and Spoon."

This is one of the first songs I remember from Savoy Brown, called "Tell Mama." Janis did a lesser-known version, as did Etta James. It's off their 7th album called Street Corner Talking. I'll post the title track as well.

As promised, the title track to Street Corner Talking.. Dig the album art. One of my squadron mates had this album; I remember tripping out on the art work.

RPMDAD

Didn't go back through all the posts so sorry if this is a repeat. Just heard about this kid. Ladies and Gentlemen, here is Toby Lee at the ripe old age of 10 and i think he is wearing tiger pajamas.
TOBY LEE AGED 10 - Get Well Soon Mr BB King

[video=youtube;bDA67dX3vEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDA67dX3vEo[/video]

BOP

Womp-bompa-lubba, a womp-bam-boom! :singer: :larry:

Fleetwood Mac's version of "Tutti Frutti." Perfect for doing homework, like I am now.