Board and Training?

tallyhoe

I am not trying to start a battle, but my board has gone up $50 recently. I also am tired of all the chaos and gossip (well kind of). I am looking for a new place. I have been around and seen some decent places. If you have recommendations would you please PM me. I also wanted to start taking some lessons somewhere else. I am realizing that I know more than my "so called" trainer. Quite honestly, I have had enough.

fredsaid2

Since you've been around you've most likely visited all the open barns. Another option is to find a private barn and have a trainer come to you. Good luck!

devinej

i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of peoples board has gone up recently with hay prices...
what kind of lessons are you looking for?

W

WhoCares

Good luck finding a barn that the board hasn't gone up recently. Have you looked into the cost of hay lately? Yes, you can find cheaper hay somewhere, but the horse may not eat it. I was talking to my 2nd instructor that I take lessons with yesterday and she is raising her board in Feb. Her board is already over $600.00 a month.

Also I am pretty sure that I know who you are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparks

I am not trying to start a battle, but my board has gone up $50 recently. I also am tired of all the chaos and gossip (well kind of). I am looking for a new place. I have been around and seen some decent places. If you have recommendations would you please PM me. I also wanted to start taking some lessons somewhere else. I am realizing that I know more than my "so called" trainer. Quite honestly, I have had enough.

If that's all it's gone up, consider yourself lucky.

Wow, hope you're "so-called" trainer doesn't read this BB. Somd is a small place. :whistle:

showqueen74

have you tried to discuss your issues/concerns with the barn manager? A BM cannot fix what they do not know is wrong. Can you bring in your own trainer, or do you have to use what is available where you board? Or what about hauling out to another place for lessons? I'm not asking that you answer these questions here on the tread, but as some food for thought. V

erinjograves

What kind of stable are you looking for? Full care with a barn or just a full care with run-ins? English or Western?

pmsmare

cost of feeding and owning along with the Electric bill is going up. I think everyone will be putting a boost in the cost of boarding costs. We are all taking the bite in the wallets and purses

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
I am not trying to start a battle, but my board has gone up $50 recently.

I board a couple horses at my place (no vacancy, so not a solicitation) and I can tell you that this spring I paid $245 a ton for hay cubes. This summer, it went up to $265, my last load...$400 a ton!!!! So when it previously ran about $100 per month per horse for feed alone (doesn't consider, electric, facilities, bedding, or supplements)...Now it is about $165 per horse. So if your board only went up $50, they are still probably not covering their increase in cost. JMO from my experience this past year.:buddies:

Finofan

Here there and everywhere
I board a couple horses at my place (no vacancy, so not a solicitation) and I can tell you that this spring I paid $245 a ton for hay cubes. This summer, it went up to $265, my last load...$400 a ton!!!! So when it previously ran about $100 per month per horse for feed alone (doesn't consider, electric, facilities, bedding, or supplements)...Now it is about $165 per horse. So if your board only went up $50, they are still probably not covering their increase in cost. JMO from my experience this past year.:buddies:

I have no foals due this year...but if you need help with playing with titties this spring let me know..I owe you one... :huggy:

tallyhoe

Good luck finding a barn that the board hasn't gone up recently. Have you looked into the cost of hay lately? Yes, you can find cheaper hay somewhere, but the horse may not eat it. I was talking to my 2nd instructor that I take lessons with yesterday and she is raising her board in Feb. Her board is already over $600.00 a month.

Also I am pretty sure that I know who you are.

I am pretty sure I know who you are too, and I am sure the place that is $600/mo is closer to the DC/Annapolis area, not down here. Why should I have to suffer over a hay situation that we knew was coming? It is a supply and demand. Why am I red? I have not used names or anything. I am just asking for suggestions.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
tallyhoe;2578886Why should I have to suffer over a hay situation that we knew was coming? It is a supply and demand. [/QUOTE said:
I suppose that board is a supply and demand thing as well....I suppose that the barn you are at had decided the board is in high demand, supply is low...so now you need to cough up $50 a month if you want to stay. If you aren't going to take hay prices as an explanation, then I guess it just goes back to capitalism.

"YEAH CAPITALISM!"
Austin Powers

tallyhoe

I suppose that board is a supply and demand thing as well....I suppose that the barn you are at had decided the board is in high demand, supply is low...so now you need to cough up $50 a month if you want to stay. If you aren't going to take hay prices as an explanation, then I guess it just goes back to capitalism.

"YEAH CAPITALISM!"
Austin Powers

I hadn't thought about it that way. Good analogy.

G

GVF

I am not sure who most are on this board LOL :) Not sure if I want to either LOL!! Some sound quite scrappy and not the type to want to do business with. I always try to remember what you say/do reflects the type of person you are and hence determines your reputation.

Anyway, I have 2-3 openings curently (they will fill fast though, I am certain), but have had 2 people recently come look, the one is moving as soon as she can get her horse shipped and the other may be bringing a foal here.

I am located in brandywine.

W

WhoCares

I am pretty sure I know who you are too, and I am sure the place that is $600/mo is closer to the DC/Annapolis area, not down here. Why should I have to suffer over a hay situation that we knew was coming? It is a supply and demand. Why am I red? I have not used names or anything. I am just asking for suggestions.

Yeah you have asked for suggestions, but on other threads you have also made digs about your other barn. No matter who your other barn is that is stirring the pot about other barns.

Have you called other barns and found out what the cost of board is at the other places? Most other places have gone up on the cost of board because of the hay. If they haven't gone up it will be coming soon eough. The hay isn't the only increased cost. There is a increase in the cost of grain also.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
HP is full, but I am hopefully moving 3 horses back to FL in February. I don't know if they have a waiting list. They haven't raised the board yet, and it seems like they are well stocked on hay for awhile.

I don't remember talking to an individual about lessons lately, only a group of college kids.:whistle:

You can pick on me if you like. I have thick skin and maybe we can figure you out.:lmao: Of course we have plenty of entertainment from the Rocky peeps lately.