Board and Training?

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Linda Zang is Dressage. Were you talking about Dressage Trainers in general or other types of trainers???

I loved showing under Linda Zang. She was always so encouraging & educational. Back when I was in 4-H one of the Howard County 4-H Leaders was good friends with her & got her to judge some of the local events from time to time.

There are plenty of competitive riders that are with some very knowledgeable trainers in Maryland that do very well on the State, Regional, Zone, & National Levels. You just need to know where to find them. To just look at the point standings doesn't really tell the entire story. Not everyone can afford to be a point chaser. Just because the trainer doesn't have clients in the top with points doesn't always reflect the trainers ablility. Go to the Maryland Spring Festival or the Maryland National Horse Shows at PG, which are normally the first two weekends in April, to see who some of the local trainers are that don't venture South for the Winter. Some of the local trainers on the very competitive Schooling Circuits in this area are very good also. Also when you go to a trainer like Frank Madden, Missy Clark, etc. be prepared to start looking for a new horse. Sometimes I'm amazed at what some of the local Maryland trainers can do with the not so expensive horses & ponies. That shows more of a trainers quality then there ability to find the most expensive & winning horse for the client. If you want to show with BNT then you better have a big pocket book and alot of free weekends.

Bigger isn't always better. Taking with a big name trainers doesn't always guarantee you will be taking with them. Many big name trainers are on the road so much that unless you are traveling with them you don't take with them on a routine basis.

I'm sure if the Southern Maryland Horse community would attend clinics with well known & BNT that some of the local barns would put them on. However if they aren't attended I wouldn't expect those barns would continue to put the time and money into these endeavors.

Sorry for rambling.:whistle:

Last edited:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Linda Zang is Dressage. Were you talking about Dressage Trainers in general or other types of trainers???

I loved showing under Linda Zang. She was always so encouraging & educational. Back when I was in 4-H one of the Howard County 4-H Leaders was good friends with her & got her to judge some of the local events from time to time.

There are plenty of competitive riders that are with some very knowledgeable trainers in Maryland that do very well on the State, Regional, Zone, & National Levels. You just need to know where to find them. To just look at the point standings doesn't really tell the entire story. Not everyone can afford to be a point chaser. Just because the trainer doesn't have clients in the top with points doesn't always reflect the trainers ablility. Go to the Maryland Spring Festival or the Maryland National Horse Shows at PG, which are normally the first two weekends in April, to see who some of the local trainers are that don't venture South for the Winter. Some of the local trainers on the very competitive Schooling Circuits in this area are very good also. Also when you go to a trainer like Frank Madden, Missy Clark, etc. be prepared to start looking for a new horse. Sometimes I'm amazed at what some of the local Maryland trainers can do with the not so expensive horses & ponies. That shows more of a trainers quality then there ability to find the most expensive & winning horse for the client. If you want to show with BNT then you better have a big pocket book and alot of free weekends.

Bigger isn't always better. Taking with a big name trainers doesn't always guarantee you will be taking with them. Many big name trainers are on the road so much that unless you are traveling with them you don't take with them on a routine basis.

I'm sure if the Southern Maryland Horse community would attend clinics with well known & BNT that some of the local barns would put them on. However if they aren't attended I wouldn't expect those barns would continue to put the time and money into these endeavors.

Sorry for rambling.:whistle:

Oh no, carry on!!!:lmao:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I just got back from the Kromes and they are great but a 3 1/2 hour drive for me. Since Kenny will be in FL I will get to ride with him a few more times before he returns back to MD. Caroline is coming for a clinic here on the 26th, but it is filled already. Auditors are still welcome. I had to go in the lowest group because all of the rest were filled.:lmao:

tallyhoe

heated? spill the beans kiddo.....we love good gossip! not getting along with the fellow boarders? Or being lied to by the barn manager? Or did you do the ultimate no no and try and fit into the click until they needed something to do and started to mess with you out of bordem? poor baby spill the beans....:killingme Boarding with alot of different female personalities, there will always be little squabbles and clicks and misfits. Toughen up or you wont last long. Best advice, enjoy your horse and don't get too close to anyone until you see how, and who to be friends with. If they know they can play games with you, your a target for horseplay. Communicate but don't whin to fellow boarders or the Barn Manager or the Farm Owner. You will become an outcast quick.

Since being on the forum things have gotten even worse. I was cornered and questioned. I do not want them to know my identity until I am out of there and then I don't care. For now I will have to be more careful.

tallyhoe

Since being on the forum things have gotten even worse. I was cornered and questioned. I do not want them to know my identity until I am out of there and then I don't care. For now I will have to be more careful.

They have spies on here.

pmsmare

you mean you just figured that out and you have been boarding there? There is 2 adults there that act worst then the kids. Watch out they probably will harass you until you leave. They act like your friend and report back to the hineass They are so stupid, they think the hineass is their best friend, wait til she stings them.