Bored with food

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Making my menu and grocery list for the week - dinners and lunch - but I'm bored and need some ideas. Lower carb suggestions are preferred :smile:

I'm stuck in a rut and eat the same thing almost every day, which works out grocery shopping-wise plus I don't have a lot of waste, but it's time to change it up.

Bobwhite

Making my menu and grocery list for the week - dinners and lunch - but I'm bored and need some ideas. Lower carb suggestions are preferred :smile:

I'm stuck in a rut and eat the same thing almost every day, which works out grocery shopping-wise plus I don't have a lot of waste, but it's time to change it up.
Sausage, Spinach and Tortellini Soup

Ingredients:​

4 cupsChicken Broth
1 28-ounce canTomatoes
1 8-ounceCream Cheese
1 to 1 ½ poundsSausage
1 19-ounceFrozen Tortellini
1 5-ounce bagSpinach

Directions:​

Brown the meat.

Chunk up the cream cheese.

Put everything in the crockpot.

Set crockpot to low and cook 3-4 hours.

NOTES

1. I’ve used Jimmy Dean Sausage that comes in a roll, bulk Italian sausage, and pre-cooked frozen Italian sausage balls (if you can find them).

2. Ground beef or your favorite meatball recipe would work too but I think that most of the flavor comes from the seasonings that are in the sausage.

3. I like to blend hot sausage and mild sausage.

I know that the tortellini makes it NOT low carb, but this is really good. Every time I take it anywhere it's the first thing gone and I have several requests for the recipe.

Clem72

Sausage, Spinach and Tortellini Soup

Ingredients:​

4 cupsChicken Broth
1 28-ounce canTomatoes
1 8-ounceCream Cheese
1 to 1 ½ poundsSausage
1 19-ounceFrozen Tortellini
1 5-ounce bagSpinach

Directions:​

Brown the meat.

Chunk up the cream cheese.

Put everything in the crockpot.

Set crockpot to low and cook 3-4 hours.

NOTES

1. I’ve used Jimmy Dean Sausage that comes in a roll, bulk Italian sausage, and pre-cooked frozen Italian sausage balls (if you can find them).

2. Ground beef or your favorite meatball recipe would work too but I think that most of the flavor comes from the seasonings that are in the sausage.

3. I like to blend hot sausage and mild sausage.

I know that the tortellini makes it NOT low carb, but this is really good. Every time I take it anywhere it's the first thing gone and I have several requests for the recipe.
What kind of tortellini, cheese or meat?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've been snacking on hard-boiled quails eggs pickled with red pepper and jalapeno slices. Awesome. If you want to try something different.

RandalBeyal

For lower carb ideas, how about trying some new recipes with cauliflower rice or zoodles (zucchini noodles)? They're great substitutes for regular rice and pasta. You could also experiment with different protein sources like turkey, chicken, or fish.