Bored with food

phreddyp

My ex was a fan of Atkins years ago.

I might have been thinner but it was miserable and boring.

I was always worried she'd smell the french fries or doughnuts on my breath when I got back from "running errands."
My ex did the same, lost a ton of weight then put two back on several times.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I want to lose weight low-carb is my go to because it's easy for me. The first few days I crave pasta, potatoes, and Fritos, but after that I don't want them anymore. It doesn't take long for the weight to come off.

stgislander

PREMO Member
My ex was a fan of Atkins years ago.

I might have been thinner but it was miserable and boring.

I was always worried she'd smell the french fries or doughnuts on my breath when I got back from "running errands."
Good news is I dropped the weight. Bad news is my HDL is down and my LDL is up

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Good news is I dropped the weight. Bad news is my HDL is down and my LDL is up

See, and I had the exact opposite when I did Atkins - my good cholesterol was high and my bad cholesterol was low. That's about the time I realized that everything "they" say is bullshit. "They" also said I'd be constipated on Atkins, but I pooped like a champ and the only time my colon gets balky is when I'm eating a bunch of carby stuff.

💩

stgislander

PREMO Member
See, and I had the exact opposite when I did Atkins - my good cholesterol was high and my bad cholesterol was low. That's about the time I realized that everything "they" say is bullshit. "They" also said I'd be constipated on Atkins, but I pooped like a champ and the only time my colon gets balky is when I'm eating a bunch of carby stuff.

💩
My fat intake is probably higher than it should be, but I have a family history of hereditary high cholesterol. (Picked up a bag of fat back cracklins from a truck stop in NC yesterday that were out of this world. :lol:)

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

My fat intake is probably higher than it should be, but I have a family history of hereditary high cholesterol. (Picked up a bag of fat back cracklins from a truck stop in NC yesterday that were out of this world. :lol:)

Contrary to popular, and gaslight, belief, cholesterol is not the driving force behind behind heart issues or arterial blockages. In fact, it is the liver that produces about 800 milligrams of cholesterol every single day and is absolutely necessary for every cell in the body to operate properly and for the brain, which has highest concentration of cholesterol. And, cholesterol is a poor predictor for heart disease.

We get another 200-300 milligrams of cholesterol from our diet, which again is needed for proper cell mitochondrial operations and to keep the brain operating at its full capacity. Any excess cholesterol is processed out of our bodies by being bound to fiber we eat, or recycled by the liver.

Statins stop the liver from making cholesterol, which causes immense problems and side effects. In this case, the treatment is worse than the cure; which is to simply change one's diet.

It is sugars, seed oils, refined carbohydrates, chemical preservatives, that attribute to heart disease and arterial blockages. Natural meat fats do not cause issues and are the preferred fuel for the body to use for energy.