Bra Fitting

Ginger0314

Is there anywhere in Southern Maryland that anyone would recommend to get a bra fitting? No matter what size or how much I spend the straps fall. It drives me crazy. How hard can it be to get one bra that fits and is comfortable and one doesn't have to constantly tug on the straps. Thanks for any help.

nobody really

I need a nap
Have you tried JCP?

i've heard that they do it, but i got one done at nordstroms about a year ago, it was worth it, you have to make an appt. And the bra i bought didn't cost that much than the ones in vs but i was wearing the wrong size AND style.

I pulled this off the internet:

Step 1
While wearing your best fitting non padded bra measure tightly around your rib cage just beneath your bust line. Add 3 to 5 inches to this number to determine your approximate band size.

Step 2
Double check your band measurement by bring the tape measure tightly around your ribcage just above your bustline. This second measurement should be the same as your calculated band size from step 1.

Step 3
Measure loosely around the fullest part of your bust or where the fullest part of your bust should be (usually lined up with the nipple about halfway between your shoulder and your elbow). Subtract your band size from this number. Generally, each inch of difference equals one cup size:

Cup Size Inches Of Difference
AA 0-.5"
A .5-1"
B 1-2"
C 2-3"
D 3-4"

After the A,B,C,D things get a little tricky. Some companies offer D, DD, DDD only, some equate the DD with an E and still others offer DD and E as separate sizes.

Keep in mind that there is a lot of rounding and estimating involved and every brand has their own standards.

The cup size is always in proportion to the band size (A 32D has the same size underwire -ie cup size- as a 34C or 36B). If you measure yourself as a 34G you might also try a 32GG or a 36H for the same amount of underwire.

Cup size is actually the combination of the width of the underwire and the depth of the cup. Some bras like some breasts are wide but not deep or deep but narrow and there are different designs for different shapes of breast. This is why some styles fit some sizes that other styles may not.

star777

I went to this shop, Kiss & Makeup, in Richmond, Va. The lady there told me that if normal sizes don't fit and the straps fall (smaller frame, bigger bust), try French brands. She recommended Jezebel. Wacol seems to work also. You can find these at Macy's. Here is her website...
http://www.kissandmakeup.com/intimate.html

Happygirl

Walking for a cure!!
I know it is not in SOMD, but there is a place called A la Mode in the new Parole center on Rt.2 as you head into Annapolis. They do it right, and fit you correctly, going up in cup size instead of band size. They radically changed my size, and the results were amazing. No more straps slipping, poking underwires or achin back. The consultant takes their time with you, but I never felt uncomfortable. The bras are a litttle on the expensive side, but the quality is great & if you take care of them, they will last a lot longer.

a la mode Intimates - bra fitting guide

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Is there anywhere in Southern Maryland that anyone would recommend to get a bra fitting? No matter what size or how much I spend the straps fall. It drives me crazy. How hard can it be to get one bra that fits and is comfortable and one doesn't have to constantly tug on the straps. Thanks for any help.

Tighten the straps?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
jcpennys has someone, and so does Belk in st. mary's if I recal correctly..but I usually go up to VS at the waldorf mall and have them do it. I get refitted often. well fitted bra is really important. I see WAY to many women who obv have on the wrong size :yikes:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
He does. Such a perv....

Sorry for the interruption ladies, continue. I'd be more than interested in how you get fitted when piercings are involved.... :popcorn:

I can picture you guys having a Bevis and Butthead gigglefit. :lmao:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Do you have to receive special training to do bra fitting? Is there a license required?..a test?