Bra Fitting

:twitch: Men in the Ladies room. Again.

Well, it is good reading. You'd think that by the time a woman has been doing this for a few years, they would have gotten the idea on how to fit a comfortable piece of clothing.

We don't need a 'men's room' to ask each other about how our junk is cradled...

Disclaimer: The above was said in pure jest, and no insult intended.

Anyone know where I can get a pair of shorts that don't choke?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Well, it is good reading. You'd think that by the time a woman has been doing this for a few years, they would have gotten the idea on how to fit a comfortable piece of clothing.

We don't need a 'men's room' to ask each other about how our junk is cradled...
That would be ghey. :yay:

You think it's good reading? :killingme

itsbob

I bowl overhand
i've heard that they do it, but i got one done at nordstroms about a year ago, it was worth it, you have to make an appt. And the bra i bought didn't cost that much than the ones in vs but i was wearing the wrong size AND style.

I pulled this off the internet:

Step 1
While wearing your best fitting non padded bra measure tightly around your rib cage just beneath your bust line. Add 3 to 5 inches to this number to determine your approximate band size.

Step 2
Double check your band measurement by bring the tape measure tightly around your ribcage just above your bustline. This second measurement should be the same as your calculated band size from step 1.y

Step 3
Measure loosely around the fullest part of your bust or where the fullest part of your bust should be (usually lined up with the nipple about halfway between your shoulder and your elbow). Subtract your band size from this number. Generally, each inch of difference equals one cup size:

Cup Size Inches Of Difference
AA 0-.5"
A .5-1"
B 1-2"
C 2-3"
D 3-4"

After the A,B,C,D things get a little tricky. Some companies offer D, DD, DDD only, some equate the DD with an E and still others offer DD and E as separate sizes.

Keep in mind that there is a lot of rounding and estimating involved and every brand has their own standards.

The cup size is always in proportion to the band size (A 32D has the same size underwire -ie cup size- as a 34C or 36B). If you measure yourself as a 34G you might also try a 32GG or a 36H for the same amount of underwire.

Cup size is actually the combination of the width of the underwire and the depth of the cup. Some bras like some breasts are wide but not deep or deep but narrow and there are different designs for different shapes of breast. This is why some styles fit some sizes that other styles may not.

Cup size? Shape?
How ameteurish, all us pros know the best measurement is weight, and heft

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
I know it is not in SOMD, but there is a place called A la Mode in the new Parole center on Rt.2 as you head into Annapolis. They do it right, and fit you correctly, going up in cup size instead of band size. They radically changed my size, and the results were amazing. No more straps slipping, poking underwires or achin back. The consultant takes their time with you, but I never felt uncomfortable. The bras are a litttle on the expensive side, but the quality is great & if you take care of them, they will last a lot longer.

a la mode Intimates - bra fitting guide

That's where I buy my bras. Now that I know a specific brand/style I like, I can order additional colors online or over the phone. But I do take a ride up there every so often to get refitted. Great place!

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
Do your boobs change that often?

:lol: I get fitted every couple years because I wear different sizes in different brands and like to have variety in my "wardrobe". People's bodies do change, especially thanks to pregnancy weight gain/loss, yet many people just keep buying the same bra size forever. I see MANY people walking around who could use a boost! :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, I just got fitted and my correct size is dramatically different than the size I've been wearing for a zillion years. :ohwell:

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
Well, I just got fitted and my correct size is dramatically different than the size I've been wearing for a zillion years. :ohwell:

See? That's why I go every couple years. And of course it would help if all brands fit the same way. But that's a pain in the azz for all clothes, I can't ever just walk into a store and buy clothes without trying them on unless I'm really familiar with the brand/style. :banghead:

Define 'dramatic'...if you would. Its an overused term..is all I mean.:whistle:

:killingme I'm surprised nobody has asked her for pics!