Bragging again!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My oldest daughter just received a Director's Award from the Fredericktowne Players, a top local theater group. One award goes out to a student in each Frederick County high school and she won for her school.

She was also elected President of the Thespian Society AND she just won a part in "Wait Until Dark" at the Way Off Broadway theater.

It never really occurred to me that she was talented - maybe you get used to it when it's your own kid prancing around? Dunno, but she does a rendition of the "Moo" song from "Rent" that would make you howl.

Anyway, here's another goodie for her resume when she applies to Tisch.

(Do I brag about my kids too much? You can tell me, I won't be offended.)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Let's get it...

...correct here!

One award goes out to a student in each Frederick County high school and she won for her school.

The award is for the top Junior in each high school as chosen by that schools drama teacher. :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Larry Gude
Let's get it......correct here!
I thought you said that it was one kid from each Frederick County high school? My bad! But STILL impressive, none the less.

(See, Penn? I TOLD you I couldn't get away with anything on here! :lol:)

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Re: Let's get it...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
The award is for the top Junior in each high school as chosen by that schools drama teacher. :biggrin:

Does that make her a drama queen? :biggrin:

Congrats VB!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
It's All In The Family!

:biggrin: I wonder where she got her sense of the dramatics; from her mothers' side or her fathers'?
Or should I ask - which one imparted the award-winning talent to the gifted gal?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:biggrin: Hmmm.. We don't seem to be getting a reply here.
Maybe they're trying to reach a consensus. Artistic talent can be a very contentious issue.:duel: :shrug:

But in any case, congrats to the daughter!:clap:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by penncam
which one imparted the award-winning talent to the gifted gal?
It's her own - she doesn't get it from any of us. We have another daughter who's a singer, and that's her own, too - none of the rest of us sing.

And, Oz, they're ALL drama queens at that age! :diva:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah, that's...

...what I love best:

And, Oz, they're ALL drama queens at that age!

...they get an award or earn a part at audition, do a great show and then, just as soon as the back patting is done and their little heads will barely fit in the door, we then recite OUR lines:

"Is the dishwasher unloaded?"

"You need to get the socks folded."

"The trash needs to be taken out".

Y'ever see clips of the Hindenburgh? "Awwwwwww....do I have to????"...

Very dramatic.