Braxton Hicks

lovinmaryland

I guess I'm dumber than the rest of the moms here because with Baby #2, my water broke, but I didn't know it (thought I peed my pants), and I was in labor for about 12 hours, but didn't know it (my "Braxton Hicks" contractions were regular, frequent and painful, but I thought I was having gas pains :blushing:). It wasn't until my weekly checkup (the next morning) that I found out I was in labor because the doctor told me so. :lol: Oh, and quickly had me wheeled to L&D. It was very exciting!! :clap:

Really? WOW that is crazy! When they broke my water everytime I would have a contraction all this water came out (like I was peeing my pants :lol:)Not like a trickle either. I cant tell you how many times they had to change those little pad things on the bed!

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Really? WOW that is crazy! When they broke my water everytime I would have a contraction all this water came out (like I was peeing my pants :lol:)Not like a trickle either. I cant tell you how many times they had to change those little pad things on the bed!

I was trying to have a conversation with my husband and I kept going, "OMG! I'm STILL peeing my pants! WTF???" :doh: :lol:

DosGattos

I can't wait for it to be over! It's been a hot and disgusting summer and I am swelled up so bad. Can't say as that I am really ready for the baby to be here but I don't know that I ever really will be. We are just really anxious to meet our baby and find if we have a he or she. Honestly, unless my water breaks or I start bleeding I really don't think my army docs really care. I have an appt on Thurs so we shall see between now and then.

I can't wait for it to be over! It's been a hot and disgusting summer and I am swelled up so bad. Can't say as that I am really ready for the baby to be here but I don't know that I ever really will be. We are just really anxious to meet our baby and find if we have a he or she. Honestly, unless my water breaks or I start bleeding I really don't think my army docs really care. I have an appt on Thurs so we shall see between now and then.

What is your due date?

Hang in there! It isn't long now. One thing you have probably figured out from the various responses is that there really isn't any true "clue" or "heads-up" as to when it will really happen. Each pregnancy is different and what happens for one woman doesn't mean it will happen for the next. Relax and rest as much as you can.

lovinmaryland

I feel for ya :huggy: It will soon be here and you will have your precious little baby, this uncomfortable stuff will be a distant memory :yay:

I am 38 weeks pregnant and I have been having painful regular contractions for weeks. When they get really bad I call my drs office and they basically tell me to suck it up. Aside from my water breaking how am I really going to know when I am in labor? I would really hate to have my baby at home or have something happen because I just ignore the contractions. Anyone else have experience with this?

I had problems with pre-term labor starting around 5 months and was put on bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy. I ended up with three trips to L&D and several rounds of Terbutaline. My son ended up over-baked at 42 weeks anyhow. :rolleyes: The BH contractions I had were NOTHING like actual labor contractions. You'll know when they're real. Good luck. :smile:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I had problems with pre-term labor starting around 5 months and was put on bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy. I ended up with three trips to L&D and several rounds of Terbutaline. My son ended up over-baked at 42 weeks anyhow. :rolleyes: The BH contractions I had were NOTHING like actual labor contractions. You'll know when they're real. Good luck. :smile:

:howdy: Congratulations stranger!