Braxton Hicks

Wenchy

Hot Flash
FAT LIL Cheeks on that Baby!! What a beautiful little thing. I'll bet it's a Girl! I can't remember if you said that you won't know until her Birth. She's very pretty, so she has to be Female. :flowers:

The baby's eyes are open! What a wonderful world he/she is seeing...for now.

The baby looked like an alien at first. I looked again and she was staring at the camera (or he)

The pics they gave me back in the day my babies looked like amoebas.

Good times ahead for you DosGattos!

As far as your first question went. I knew with both that they were not Braxton Hicks. The first started slow and strong. (Strong is the key word) The second was relentless...three hours from the first contraction to delivery. I did manage to get an epi in there. I highly recommend getting one.

acommondisaster

I can scare her a little more. I had BH for a couple of weeks before my first was born. The night before he was born, my water "leaked" and sealed back up on my way to the hospital. I wasnt in active labor, but they had to keep me because my water had broken, with the promise that they'd induce if I went longer than 24 hours.

10 hours later, I was at 2 cm and still no active labor.

2 more hours later the same.

30 minutes later I told my husband to get the nurse, I felt like I had to push. The nurse grumbled to my husband that he'd just checked me and I was at 2cm. So I SWORE REAL LOUD. GEEE DEEEEE IT!!! HOLY SHIZZLE! So, he decided to check again. He went pale, ran from the room and call the midwife.

Luckily, the midwife lived on base. I have pictures of her in the delivery room after my son's birth still in her motorcycle helmet. My son was born in just under 8 minutes. My records say: Complications of birth: VERY RAPID delivery.

Second kid came in less than an hour; no labor pains, almost had her in the elevator, still had my maternity blouse on and no time for an IV.

Third kid, the doctor explained to me. "Feel your stomach - if it feels tight like your forehead, it's a contraction, if it feels soft like your chin, the contractions over". Made it to Pax River (we lived in Waldorf) with time to spare, thanks to his explanation.
Good luck!

Roman

I can scare her a little more. I had BH for a couple of weeks before my first was born. The night before he was born, my water "leaked" and sealed back up on my way to the hospital. I wasnt in active labor, but they had to keep me because my water had broken, with the promise that they'd induce if I went longer than 24 hours.

10 hours later, I was at 2 cm and still no active labor.

2 more hours later the same.

30 minutes later I told my husband to get the nurse, I felt like I had to push. The nurse grumbled to my husband that he'd just checked me and I was at 2cm. So I SWORE REAL LOUD. GEEE DEEEEE IT!!! HOLY SHIZZLE! So, he decided to check again. He went pale, ran from the room and call the midwife.

Luckily, the midwife lived on base. I have pictures of her in the delivery room after my son's birth still in her motorcycle helmet. My son was born in just under 8 minutes. My records say: Complications of birth: VERY RAPID delivery.

Second kid came in less than an hour; no labor pains, almost had her in the elevator, still had my maternity blouse on and no time for an IV.

Third kid, the doctor explained to me. "Feel your stomach - if it feels tight like your forehead, it's a contraction, if it feels soft like your chin, the contractions over". Made it to Pax River (we lived in Waldorf) with time to spare, thanks to his explanation.
Good luck!
WOW...what a story!! I was never that lucky. 12 hours with the first delivery, and 26 with the second. Your Doctor give you GOOD advice too...LUCKY.!

DosGattos

It's a BOY!!

It's a boy! Gabriel Isaiah was born on Aug 27th at 2322. He was 8lbs 1oz and 20 inches long. It wasn't too bad the practice contractions really helped me get ready for the real thing. My water broke in the hospital parking lot I was only 1.5 cms. Hour and a half later I was 9.5 cms. 1/2 hour after that I had my baby. My husband almost missed it!! He got to watch the birth on the computer while deployed.

lovinmaryland

It's a boy! Gabriel Isaiah was born on Aug 27th at 2322. He was 8lbs 1oz and 20 inches long. It wasn't too bad the practice contractions really helped me get ready for the real thing. My water broke in the hospital parking lot I was only 1.5 cms. Hour and a half later I was 9.5 cms. 1/2 hour after that I had my baby. My husband almost missed it!! He got to watch the birth on the computer while deployed.

Congratulations!!!! :yahoo:

Glad everything worked out for you, and that your hubby got to catch it on the computer!

We need pictures of the little man :buddies:

pelers

Congratulations! and awesome that your hubby was able to watch while deployed :buddies:

Sweet 16

^^8^^

Yay you! :yahoo: Congratulations on your new little bundle of joy!