Breaking News

SamSpade

I think this is the part that frankly disturbs me the most. If you want to keep say, a FELON of the ballot, he would have to be a person convicted of felony - or jeez, at the very minimum, CHARGED with a felony in a court.

To the best of my knowledge, Trump has never even been CHARGED with "insurrection" or shown to have had anything to do with one, and yet a state Supreme Court somehow managed to do something never before in U.S. history - strike someone from the top ballot - on the basis of a crime he never committed or was charged with?

Fine, strike Biden off all the ballots for bribery. Why even bother to prove it, he's clearly guilty.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
There doesn’t need to be.
Care to elaborate on that. Don't the candidates only have to meet the constitutional requirements or are you suggesting that the states can have extra-constitutional requirements?

Reactions: BOP

gemma_rae

Hey HemiHoller, I have a message from Vivek for you. Shut the f*ck up. :killingme

Feel free to share with Van Jones too.:roflmao:

Wednesday Morning GIF by MOODMAN

Clem72

So ALL red states should disqualify Dementia Joe because he's mentally incompetent. Let t6he shiit begin.
They better wait until October to do it, otherwise the D's will have plenty of time to find a candidate (I.e. literally any warm body) with a higher approval rating.

Reactions: BOP

Clem72

Care to elaborate on that. Don't the candidates only have to meet the constitutional requirements or are you suggesting that the states can have extra-constitutional requirements?
They definitely do have extra-constitutional requirements for their elections. The first one, being the existence of that ballot. States don't even need to have a popular vote at all, they can select their electors however they wish (you do remember that a popular vote doesn't exist in the constitution, right)?

CPUSA

They definitely do have extra-constitutional requirements for their elections. The first one, being the existence of that ballot. States don't even need to have a popular vote at all, they can select their electors however they wish (you do remember that a popular vote doesn't exist in the constitution, right)?
I bolded the important part of your claim...
As far as FEDERAL Elections?...They follow FEDERAL guidelines. Go look it up.

CPUSA

He can't because he's making it up as he goes along...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Dems will somehow use these illegals to their benefit, but I haven’t figured out how yet.

Flood Red States with illegals Changing the political landscape either just turning the state purple, if not blue ....

These white progressives think they will preside or rule over a Brown America ... I'm reasonably sure the Hispanics will find their own leaders

Muslims in Hamtrack have certainly shown the progressives once they attain a large enough voting block they take over going their own way doing their own thing ... like pushing queers from the town center

I posted a video recently the schadenfreude was delicious

... we respected your [ religion I think ] ... you need to respect our right to display pride flags

Muslims were NOT having any of that

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Muslims in Hamtrack have certainly shown the progressives once they attain a large enough voting block they take over going their own way doing their own thing ... like pushing queers from the town center

... we respected your [ religion I think ] ... you need to respect our right to display pride flags

Yep. They made that bed and got thoroughly ####ed in it. :roflmao:

BOP

Flood Red States with illegals Changing the political landscape either just turning the state purple, if not blue ....

These white progressives think they will preside or rule over a Brown America ... I'm reasonably sure the Hispanics will find their own leaders

Clem72

Except that the Colorado Constitution states at Article 7, section 8 -
Except that not the subject of my post. Are you trying to pretend you were talking about the Colorado State constitution and not our Federal Constitution when you said "are you suggesting that the states can have extra-constitutional requirements"? That was what I was replying to, the fact that yes every single State does have extra-constitutional requirements including Colorado.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Except that not the subject of my post. Are you trying to pretend you were talking about the Colorado State constitution and not our Federal Constitution when you said "are you suggesting that the states can have extra-constitutional requirements"? That was what I was replying to, the fact that yes every single State does have extra-constitutional requirements including Colorado.
Then exactly what are these extra-constitutional requirements that Colorado has? And again this is concerning being on the primary ballot and not the selection of electors at the general election.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Then exactly what are these extra-constitutional requirements that Colorado has? And again this is concerning being on the primary ballot and not the selection of electors at the general election.
Open this up to any state having an extra constitutional requirement otherwise we'll be here all day waiting for a response.