Breaking News

Bushy23

It feels like a civil war is what the Democrats want.
It was Republicans that started this lawsuit

Four Republican voters and two unaffiliated voters initiated the suit, including some prominent names from Colorado politics, such as Former Republican state Sen. Norma Anderson.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I thought J6ers were all Antifa-BLM actors? Or were they actually just innocent MAGA idiots? You can't keep your story straight.
J6ers were J6ers until evidence showed bad actors in the mix. Plus, the most violent footage of that day was filmed an hour before Trump stopped speaking.

Research :moon:

SamSpade

J6ers were J6ers until evidence showed bad actors in the mix. Plus, the most violent footage of that day was filmed an hour before Trump stopped speaking.

Well THAT, *plus* you’d be hard pressed to find ANYTHING in his speech approaching incitement to riot. Nothing in the whole ‘Trump whipping the mob into a frenzy and them charging into the Capitol’ has a shred of merit.

gemma_rae

I thought J6ers were all Antifa-BLM actors?
Sure you did Bitchy. Or were you told to regurgitation that chewed cud just like the rest of the lemmings?

Weird Fish Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Vivek would like to invite you also, along with Van Jones, to Shut the F*ck up.:roflmao:

Clem72

Open this up to any state having an extra constitutional requirement otherwise we'll be here all day waiting for a response.
Thought I made myself pretty clear. Having a primary election, or even a popular vote for president within your state is "extra-constitutional", as in not a requirement of the constitution and something the states decided on. If the state wants do, they can draw straws for who gets their electors or play go fish.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
The Great Illusion of the two-party system is that it allows the voter a choice. You have no choice. What you get is a government that is a totalitarian one. One big party/club and we are not in it.

Reactions: TPD

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Let's get real:

No Republican was going to win either CO or CA anyway. It doesn't matter which Republican wins the primary in those states, they won't win that state in the General.

So I really don't care if voters in those states want a fascist dictatorship where they have no choices. They're like freaking North Korea anyway, except more crime, drugs, and filth. They might as well not even hold elections.

HemiHauler

Care to elaborate on that. Don't the candidates only have to meet the constitutional requirements or are you suggesting that the states can have extra-constitutional requirements?
As I stated, States have wide berth. Political parties (which are private entities) can do almost whatever they want.

In this case, GOP electors sued to see if he was eligible to be on the ballot. The lower court ruling established that Trump participated in the “insurrection”.

The same lower court threw out the ruling, finding Trump wasn’t an “official”, i.e., didn’t hold office while President.

CO Supreme Court found that he was an official, and off the ballot he goes.

That he participated in an insurrection isn’t the question being appealed here; only whether or not he was an officer.

In short, yes, states can keep people off the ballot for a variety of reasons.

HemiHauler

In any case, SCOTUS is likely hella pissed that they’re going to have to take the case. If they uphold the finding, he’s out forever - lifetime ban. That would be the best possible outcome.

CPUSA

It was Republicans that started this lawsuit

Four Republican voters and two unaffiliated voters initiated the suit, including some prominent names from Colorado politics, such as Former Republican state Sen. Norma Anderson.

derp frog.jpg

Do you feel special now?

CPUSA

I thought J6ers were all Antifa-BLM actors? Or were they actually just innocent MAGA idiots? You can't keep your story straight.
I thought George Floyd was a goot boi...
Or was he just another thug like Big Mike Brown & Trayvon? You can't keep a job...

CPUSA

In any case, SCOTUS is likely hella pissed that they’re going to have to take the case. If they uphold the finding, he’s out forever - lifetime ban. That would be the best possible outcome.
I see you're still supporting the Liberal Agenda...
But please, tell us again how Conservative you are

CPUSA

Bougie learned how to research from that Affirmative Action Harvard Dean....

CPUSA

Aww!! You're fantasizing again!! How adorable!!
But let's look more at the REALITY, Goober...SCOTUS most definitely WILL be pissed...at the retards that call themselves CO Supreme Court Justices...and will strike down that unconstitutional BS in about 5 minutes and finally put an end to frivolous activist BS.
THAT would be the only LEGAL outcome,,,