Bridal shower

H

hborror

didn't want to interfere with Kwilla's* thread on wedding card money, but I (no lie) just got the mail and had an invite to a bridal shower which is in 2 weeks. I have never been to one. Am I suppose to get a gift that would be good for both bride and groom or just a gift to her. I was talking on the phone with my mother and told her I was going to do a bath and body work basket and she told me no.... So what are some good gift ideas?

hborror said:
didn't want to interfere with Kwilla's* thread on wedding card money, but I (no lie) just got the mail and had an invite to a bridal shower which is in 2 weeks. I have never been to one. Am I suppose to get a gift that would be good for both bride and groom or just a gift to her. I was talking on the phone with my mother and told her I was going to do a bath and body work basket and she told me no.... So what are some good gift ideas?
IMO, the concept of a bridal shower is to 'shower the new bride in things she will need for her and her new hubby's home'. Get them something for their home.

mainman

Set Trippin
kwillia said:
IMO, the concept of a bridal shower is to 'shower the new bride in things she will need for her and her new hubby's home'. Get them something for their home.
Or his and her crocs...:yay:

H

hborror

bresamil said:
Did it say where she was registered? I normally buy something on their registry.

No it didn't just the card with date, time and place.

Thanks Kwillia

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
at my bridal shower, one of my gifts was a stainless steel lasagne pan. Very nice I might add. Just an idea.

Chasey_Lane said:
True, but if they are not registered and you're not sure what to get someone, a gift card is always an appreciated gift. :smile:
True, but if they are too lazy to register and publish their wishes, they deserve to get 15 wok pans. :smile:

lovinmaryland

I usually buy some lingerie from Victorias Secret, w/ some lotion and a candle. That way if they are going on a honeymoon she will have something sexy to wear