Bridal shower

CMC122

Go Braves!
Speedy70 said:
Oh, you're one of those.

:lmao:
That's what Cablechick said:roflmao:

I just enjoy putting my own thought into a gift and if they don't like it the reciept is taped to the bottom:yay:

Poohhunny1605

lovinmaryland said:
I usually buy some lingerie from Victorias Secret, w/ some lotion and a candle. That way if they are going on a honeymoon she will have something sexy to wear

:yeahthat: This is what I usually do too, sometimes depending on how close I am w/the person. If I know them well I'll do funny gifts like from spencers and then get the serious gift for the home. If it is just a friend or distant friend I usually just do a nice gift set from Bath and Body Works and then get a gift card to Victoria Secret or somewhere like that?

CMC122 said:
That's what Cablechick said:roflmao:

I just enjoy putting my own thought into a gift and if they don't like it the reciept is taped to the bottom:yay:

My sis-in-law made sure everyone knew where I was registered for my baby shower. :lol:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Speedy70 said:
My sis-in-law made sure everyone knew where I was registered for my baby shower. :lol:
I have to admit that baby showers are different then weddings. Lord knows you don't need 300 onzies and 4 wipe warmers:lol:

lovinmaryland

Speedy70 said:
baby shower is much different i normally always buy from the registry for a baby shower. Being a mother i know what i had to have and you don't want to mess with returns when you are pregnant.

for a wedding i do cash normally 50 but if it is someone i am close to or a family member i do cash and a small gift.

sockgirl77

CMC122 said:
I refuse to buy a gift from a registry:biggrin:
You must be related to my fiance. Only one person out of the 20 on his side at my shower bought something from my registry. So, I ended up with a crap load of dollar store rattles and bottles. Oh and I got an umbrella stroller that broke the first time I opened it.

CMC122 said:
I have to admit that baby showers are different then weddings. Lord knows you don't need 300 onzies and 4 wipe warmers:lol:

Believe it or not, I actually have almost 30 washcloths. :lol:

Other than that, I only received one other duplicate. Apparently, someone didn't pay attention to the "purchased" column. :duh:

CMC122

Go Braves!
sockgirl77 said:
You must be related to my fiance. Only one person out of the 20 on his side at my shower bought something from my registry. So, I ended up with a crap load of dollar store rattles and bottles. Oh and I got an umbrella stroller that broke the first time I opened it.
Wrong and wrong.

I only buy gag gifts from the dollar store, ask Elle:coffee:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Speedy70 said:
What kind of gag gifts can you get at the dollar store? :confused:
Stuff for a sexy evening with your man! Pink rollers, a shower cap, fake chicklett gum...........

sockgirl77

CMC122 said:
Are you high?
Not a chance. I was joking by listing some of the ridiculous things that I got stuck with at my shower. I love you. I know that you are not that tacky. :yay:

CMC122

Go Braves!
sockgirl77 said:
Not a chance. I was joking by listing some of the ridiculous things that I got stuck with at my shower. I love you. I know that you are not at tacky. :yay:
You got that right! K_jo is way takier :howinthehelldoyouspellthat: then me:biggrin:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Ok, I'm going to a bridal shower in a few weeks and there really isn't hardly anything on the registry. And there is especially nothing that says "remember the cmc family gave us this for our wedding" so, I found this http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=307348 and I'm going to supply a desert/dish for it once a month until their first anniversary.

Is that tacky?

CMC122 said:
Ok, I'm going to a bridal shower in a few weeks and there really isn't hardly anything on the registry. And there is especially nothing that says "remember the cmc family gave us this for our wedding" so, I found this http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=307348 and I'm going to supply a desert/dish for it once a month until their first anniversary.

Is that tacky?

I'll sell you mine. We got one of those as a gift and I've never used it.