Broken pelvis?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
How's Amaya doing today, Sonsie? Everyday I can't wait to find out how she's doing!

C

CalvertNewbie

yeah update :) please.

:yeahthat: And I'm looking forward to seeing pics of her running and jumping around when she's all better. :yahoo: I'll just continue to ignore the religious banter that I have absolutely no interest in and check for updates on Amaya. I'm so glad she found such a loving home. :huggy:

Bann

PREMO Member
:yeahthat: And I'm looking forward to seeing pics of her running and jumping around when she's all better. :yahoo: I'll just continue to ignore the religious banter that I have absolutely no interest in and check for updates on Amaya. I'm so glad she found such a loving home. :huggy:

:yay:

Bann

PREMO Member
Like the cat would care :lol:

She's too cute to be Elvis, the Pelvis. But she needs a name to suit her - like Amaya does. Being found in the rain, etc. :smile:

Besides, you just wanted to use the words Elvis & Pelvis together. :lmao:

Pete

Repete
She's too cute to be Elvis, the Pelvis. But she needs a name to suit her - like Amaya does. Being found in the rain, etc. :smile:

Besides, you just wanted to use the words Elvis & Pelvis together. :lmao:

Heh, you said "Pelvis"

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Sorry no updates, I've got a wicked head cold and 2 small kids who won't poop even for stickers. Such drama around the potty here. Amaya is doing just great, I'm going to have to find a screen to put over her bin. She is getting that look in her eye that tells me she is gonna try the great escape soon. I feel bad confining her in so small a space but it's necessary if she is going to make a full recovery. She is already turning her nose up at kibble, she prefers the canned food by far and she is starting to fill out some with the steady food intake and enforced leisure. She is doing her thing in the litter just fine and isn't as wobbly. The first few days she was spilling her water and falling in her food. The best sign is she isn't having any more blood in her stool. The vet said it was normal after such trauma and sure enough it's finally stopped after 3 days of little bloody butt prints on her towel. The road rash on her chin and jaw is all dried up and scabbed over with no sign of infection or problems either.

Amaya up.jpg

Not a great picture, taking a photo of a black cat indoors with no natural light presents interesting problems. From any distance you get a black blob with two glowing eyes and no detail. Close up you get detail but she squeezes her eyes a bit with each beep and flash and they glow green or red depending on the angle and even her fur is a little too reflective. Anyway here she is sitting up with her furry pink monkey behind her.

Bann

PREMO Member
Not a great picture, taking a photo of a black cat indoors with no natural light presents interesting problems. From any distance you get a black blob with two glowing eyes and no detail. Close up you get detail but she squeezes her eyes a bit with each beep and flash and they glow green or red depending on the angle and even her fur is a little too reflective. Anyway here she is sitting up with her furry pink monkey behind her.

She's so adorable! And you're my hero of the week. :smoochy: Seriously.

Homer J

Power Chord
:killingme

That's good, Pete!

But she's a girl. :lol:

Hey, our girl is named Goose, but then the boy is Maverick so what could we do.

Anyway, good on you for taking care of the little sweetheart. She's as lucky to have you as you are to have her. :huggy:

Pandora

Beautiful!!! :yay: And those eyes.... :faint:

I wonder if one of the local shelters in your area could lend you a cage for a few weeks?

J

jp2854

sonsie do you have a dog crate that you used for your puppy? If so is there anyway you could put the cat in there til she heals?

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
sonsie do you have a dog crate that you used for your puppy? If so is there anyway you could put the cat in there til she heals?

No, just a couple cat crates that are really too small for litter and food too. The dog never really needed to be confined. She isn't up to jumping at all just yet and that bin is pretty deep. I'll find a suitable screen to use on it. I've got child gate that can be placed over the top too but it would be awkward to get at the washer and dryer then. I'll find something before she hits the point where she can jump again. I was just happy to see the kitty curiosity start to show, an interest in her surroundings. She must have been pretty shocky with pain, hunger, and thirst when I first got her home because for the first few days she was unresponsive to activity around her. Thankfully she is remaining gentle and calm.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
No, just a couple cat crates that are really too small for litter and food too. The dog never really needed to be confined. She isn't up to jumping at all just yet and that bin is pretty deep. I'll find a suitable screen to use on it. I've got child gate that can be placed over the top too but it would be awkward to get at the washer and dryer then. I'll find something before she hits the point where she can jump again. I was just happy to see the kitty curiosity start to show, an interest in her surroundings. She must have been pretty shocky with pain, hunger, and thirst when I first got her home because for the first few days she was unresponsive to activity around her. Thankfully she is remaining gentle and calm.

Where are you? I have a kitty condo I can lend you. :yay: