bumble bees

mv_princess said:
i tend to believe there is something wrong with you....
But the honey gives me the best tan.......
Something wrong with me? Youre the one sunbathing covered in honey...my my I fear if I keep thinking about you covered in honey my poor cranium may explode.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
We have tried the tiki candles, i think they laugh at it....and we went so far as into try a soda bottle with soda (*not my idea*) but it didnt work either...........

mv_princess said:
We have tried the tiki candles, i think they laugh at it....and we went so far as into try a soda bottle with soda (*not my idea*) but it didnt work either...........
Find their holes, pour gasoline in and light! Instant entertainment! Wait cancel that idea, bees are bad enough as it is, but flaming bees flying around burning and stinging whatever they see? No thanks!

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
thakidistight said:
Find their holes, pour gasoline in and light! Instant entertainment! Wait cancel that idea, bees are bad enough as it is, but flaming bees flying around burning and stinging whatever they see? No thanks!

See i knew something was wrong with you! Its that nasty beer you drink...

rack'm

Jaded
Carpenter bees prefer to attack wood which is bare, weathered and unpainted. Therefore, the best way to deter the bees is to paint all exposed wood surfaces, especially those which have a history of being attacked. Wood stains and preservatives are less reliable than painting, but will provide some degree of repellancy versus bare wood. To further discourage nesting, garages and outbuildings should be kept closed when carpenter bees are actively searching for nesting sites.

Liquid sprays of carbaryl (Sevin), chlorpyrifos (Dursban), or a synthetic pyrethroid (e.g., permethrin or cyfluthrin) can be applied as a preventive to wood surfaces which are attracting bees. Residual effectiveness of these insecticides is often only 1-2 weeks, however, and the treatment may need to be repeated. Tunnels which have already been excavated are best treated by puffing an insecticidal dust (e.g., 5 percent carbaryl) into the nest opening. Aerosol sprays labeled for wasp or bee control also are effective. Leave the hole open for a few days after treatment to allow the bees to contact and distribute the insecticide throughout the nest galleries. Then plug the entrance hole with a piece of wooden dowel coated with carpenter's glue, or wood putty. This will protect against future utilization of the old nesting tunnels and reduce the chances of wood decay.

Although carpenter bees are less aggressive than wasps, female bees provisioning their nests will sting. Treatment is best performed at night when the bees are less active, or while wearing protective clothing.

Linkage

rack'm said:
Carpenter bees prefer to attack wood which is bare, weathered and unpainted. Therefore, the best way to deter the bees is to paint all exposed wood surfaces, especially those which have a history of being attacked.....
So the best way to to protect your wood is to cover it up? Thanks for the info.... but i think shes talking about just regular old bees, not carpenter bees. Those ones wont bother anyone.

rack'm

Jaded
thakidistight said:
So the best way to to protect your wood is to cover it up? Thanks for the info.... but i think shes talking about just regular old bees, not carpenter bees. Those ones wont bother anyone.

Otherwise, you didn't read the link provided. :duh: :loser:

Mikeinsmd

thakidistight said:
Something wrong with me? Youre the one sunbathing covered in honey...my my I fear if I keep thinking about you covered in honey my poor cranium may explode.
The thought of her sunbathing covered in honey makes something else I have explode.... :jet:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
kingvjack said:
They don't like smoke, so try and burn 'em out.... :yay:

yeah but we don't have carpenter bees...we have just plain old bumble bees....That seem to love are plastic ladder to our pool....

kingvjack

mv_princess said:
yeah but we don't have carpenter bees...we have just plain old bumble bees....That seem to love are plastic ladder to our pool....
Who said anything about them living in it?

Burn it anyways...

kingvjack

mv_princess said:
hahaha, i cant burn the pool ladder!
You can burn anything if you put your mind to it....

Take a little gasoline and put it in a coffee can and start dissolving styrofoam in it...

Paste that onto pool ladder.. Apply flame and... hoala,,, No more bee problem.

mv_princess said:
hahaha, i cant burn the pool ladder!

Dont worry, when the fire starts to burn through the pool, it will extinguish itself. Theres always the WD 40 and lighter option. Just chase the bees around your yard with a flaming spray can of WD 40 till you kill every last one. Your neighbors might think youre a little peculiar.......