bumble bees

Mikeinsmd

kingvjack said:
I don't think I'd be invited... She's not what you'd call fanbase.
:lol: I don't believe you have to actually be in the yard, just within 50-100 yards and you get burnt......

S

Short_Cake

Bogart said:
Negative
Carpenter bees nest in wood.
To get rid of them, you have to move.
Bumble bees nest in the ground.
Just leave them alone, they won't bother you.

until you step on one of those little effers! :yikes:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I have painted wooden pillars on my front porch and the carpenter bees bore into them without hestitation. Paint does NOT deter them. :ohwell:

Mikeinsmd

jazz lady said:
I have painted wooden pillars on my front porch and the carpenter bees bore into them without hestitation. Paint does NOT deter them. :ohwell:
Yea, my window wells were painted too. I googled them & found ways to fix the problem. :dead: :yay:

Bogart said:
Just leave them alone, they won't bother you.
Negative! :rodrugvoice:We had bumble bees living in a hole under our carport when I was a kid. I didn't know it. I was sitting on the edge of the carport waiting for my oldest sister to come home from school to let me in (she had the house key and her bus was delayed, thus I beat her home from school and did not have a house key) when all of the sudden I felt a sh!tload of stinging on my back. Reached back a PULLED the bumble bee off my back. Went next door for medical attention (I'm allergic to bee stings, and neighbor lady was a stay at home) and found out that I had something like 20 stings on my back from the little effer. My father sprayed bug killer in the entrance when he got home and then we filled the hole with concrete over the weekend.:endrodrugvoice:

Mikeinsmd

huntr1 said:
Negative! :rodrugvoice:We had bumble bees living in a hole under our carport when I was a kid. I didn't know it. I was sitting on the edge of the carport waiting for my oldest sister to come home from school to let me in (she had the house key and her bus was delayed, thus I beat her home from school and did not have a house key) when all of the sudden I felt a sh!tload of stinging on my back. Reached back a PULLED the bumble bee off my back. Went next door for medical attention (I'm allergic to bee stings, and neighbor lady was a stay at home) and found out that I had something like 20 stings on my back from the little effer. My father sprayed bug killer in the entrance when he got home and then we filled the hole with concrete over the weekend.:endrodrugvoice:
:lmao:

ocean733

thakidistight said:
Dont worry, when the fire starts to burn through the pool, it will extinguish itself. Theres always the WD 40 and lighter option. Just chase the bees around your yard with a flaming spray can of WD 40 till you kill every last one. Your neighbors might think youre a little peculiar.......
:lol:

I'm assuming they aren't the big fuzzy ones?

If you're talking about any other type of black/yellow-type insect, I'd stay indoors and let someone else do it. Maybe one of the guys posting that have good ideas?!

Watch them from inside the house in case you need to call 911. But stay in the house!

:angel: