Buying a house together w/o being married...

Qurious

Im On 1.
Let me add:

w/o being engaged....
w/o your name being on the deed....

He says: "we'll do all of that stuff later on down the line when I feel comfortable, right now I just dont trust you."

Trying to buy by April. That doesn't give me much time to put together my plan B does it :eyebrow:

He's sticking to his gunz and im sticking to mine - I refuse to be: :buttkick: in 2006.

Friends, family on both our ends wanna :smack:

And im sure most of you will say the same...

Thoughts, comments :popcorn:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
It isn't possible to buy a house w/out your name being on the deed. If your name is on the mortgage you name will be on the deed plain and simple.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Well, it depends, ya gotta count your losses, or your gains from it;.. its a very very tough decision, and it could go either way...how long have ya been together..less than a year, aint no way Id do it.. but been together for over a year, already sorta had a place togehter ie- apartment, rented something somewhere before, go for it, ya live and ya learn... whether its the hard way or the easy wya....ya live an ya learn...ya know..

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
Qurious said:
Let me add:

w/o being engaged....

He says: "we'll do all of that stuff later on down the line when I feel comfortable, right now I just dont trust you."

Trying to buy by April. That doesn't give me much time to put together my plan B does it :eyebrow:

He's sticking to his gunz and im sticking to mine - I refuse to be: :buttkick: in 2006.

Run as quick as you can........unless he agrees to pay the house payment by himself.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Qurious said:
Let me add:

w/o being engaged....

So you aren't really buying a house, you'd be living in his.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Well I wouldn't marry anyone if i didn't live with them first. You learn ALOT from a person by living with them.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Qurious said:
On that statement alone you should be long gone.

You're welcome.

Qurious

Im On 1.
Softballkid said:
Well, it depends, ya gotta count your losses, or your gains from it;.. its a very very tough decision, and it could go either way...how long have ya been together..less than a year, aint no way Id do it.. but been together for over a year, already sorta had a place togehter ie- apartment, rented something somewhere before, go for it, ya live and ya learn... whether its the hard way or the easy wya....ya live an ya learn...ya know..

4 years.

BAH!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Qurious said:
bay sick lee
Whatever that means. Why don't you just let him buy his house and you continue to do your own thing. How long have you been together, like a month? And already wanna live together? :crazy:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Nickel said:
So you aren't really buying a house, you'd be living in his.

I did that, but it was hers, not mine, and it can still be hard that way, because I took over so much stuff that wasnt getting done around there, or getting done correctly, and when it all ended, her house was worth more, looked better the whole nine yards, and what did I get.... absolutely nothing, another ex in the books...

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Nickel said:
Whatever that means. Why don't you just let him buy his house and you continue to do your own thing. How long have you been together, like a month? And already wanna live together? :crazy:

:lol: sound it out. Basically!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Doesn't matter if you are married or not.. if you live in the house by MD law you are considered married, and he would not legally be able to sell the house without your signature, and if he does you can take him to court and sue for reparation. Some realtors don't like buying or selling houses for single people just because someone can come back and say the same thing... He sold his house, I spent the weekend where's my money??