Buying a house together w/o being married...

Qurious

Im On 1.
CMC122 said:
On that statement alone you should be long gone.

You're welcome.

Thanks....

I've wisen up since we broke up before, I guess he thinks he's "got me" to where I am going to move into a house that Im not apart of but yet my money will be going into it...

I can't go into a decision like this without feeling like a fawkin idiot...which I already do for even asking complete strangers :killingme

CMC122

Go Braves!
Qurious said:
Thanks....

I've wisen up since we broke up before, I guess he thinks he's "got me" to where I am going to move into a house that Im not apart of but yet my money will be going into it...

I can't go into a decision like this without feeling like a fawkin idiot...which I already do for even asking complete strangers :killingme
:clap:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
pixiegirl said:
It isn't possible to buy a house w/out your name being on the deed. If your name is on the mortgage you name will be on the deed plain and simple.
That's not true. You can be on the deed w/out your name on the mortgage.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Qurious said:
Let me add:

w/o being engaged....
w/o your name being on the deed....

He says: "we'll do all of that stuff later on down the line when I feel comfortable, right now I just dont trust you."

Trying to buy by April. That doesn't give me much time to put together my plan B does it :eyebrow:

He's sticking to his gunz and im sticking to mine - I refuse to be: :buttkick: in 2006.

Friends, family on both our ends wanna :smack:

And im sure most of you will say the same...

Thoughts, comments :popcorn:

I am so glad you posted. I thought today was going to be boring.

BTW, I would never live with someone If I did not think it was a long term thing. Sounds like maybe he needs your income to help pay the mortgage.

Qurious said:
Thanks....

You can always just go for it for now... but where will you live come spring...:shrug:

Qurious said:
In the summertime they all of a sudden need their space...

Fall comes and they call a few times just to see what you've been up to...

Winter time they've been doing a lot of thinking and reflecting and they realize that they let a good thing go and they want to try it again.... :lmao:

So I know what Im getting for Christmas..... :love:

Qurious said:
He could do that anytime...but to actually say you want a committed relationship for the new year....

its alot more to it than that...its Thanksgiving...its Christmas!!! Its the holidays!!!

No man likes to be alone....

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Softballkid said:
I did that, but it was hers, not mine, and it can still be hard that way, because I took over so much stuff that wasnt getting done around there, or getting done correctly, and when it all ended, her house was worth more, looked better the whole nine yards, and what did I get.... absolutely nothing, another ex in the books...

But you lived in it didn't you?

Before B and I bought our houses I lived in his. He paid the mortgage and I paid all the utilities, paid for all the groceries and Walmart crap, paid the car insurance, etc. It was an inexpensive house and I paid out more per month then he did by far. Had we split I'd of gotten nothing out of it. On the other hand hadn't I lived there I'd of been paying rent to live somewhere else. So it really wasn't money lost cause I would have spent it anyway.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Softballkid said:
I did that, but it was hers, not mine, and it can still be hard that way, because I took over so much stuff that wasnt getting done around there, or getting done correctly, and when it all ended, her house was worth more, looked better the whole nine yards, and what did I get.... absolutely nothing, another ex in the books...
and if she sells it or has sold it, you're eligible for half of the money she made on it... Call a lawyer!!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Chasey_Lane said:
That's not true. You can be on the deed w/out your name on the mortgage.

READ! I said if your name is on the mortgage your name WILL BE ON THE DEED. I said nothing about you name being on the deed without it being on the mortgage.

If they were going to "purchase" a house together meaning the financing would be in both of their names then both names would go on the deed.

I am well aware that your name can be on a deed without it being on a mortgage. Not all properties have mortgages and/or one person can finance while both names go on the deed. That was not what I was refering to.

If two names are on the mortgage then two names will be on the deed. No way around that.

dustin

UAIOE
Qurious said:
Explain that.
he would be the one to finance the house. not you. but your name can still go on the deed. when you close on the house you would sign the deed right next to his name.

personally i think its a mistake. let him buy his house. you just do your own thing.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
pixiegirl said:
But you lived in it didn't you?

Before B and I bought our houses I lived in his. He paid the mortgage and I paid all the utilities, paid for all the groceries and Walmart crap, paid the car insurance, etc. It was an inexpensive house and I paid out more per month then he did by far. Had we split I'd of gotten nothing out of it. On the other hand hadn't I lived there I'd of been paying rent to live somewhere else. So it really wasn't money lost cause I would have spent it anyway.
Wrong again!! Check realty law in the state of MD!!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
itsbob said:
Doesn't matter if you are married or not.. if you live in the house by MD law you are considered married, and he would not legally be able to sell the house without your signature, and if he does you can take him to court and sue for reparation. Some realtors don't like buying or selling houses for single people just because someone can come back and say the same thing... He sold his house, I spent the weekend where's my money??

:bs:

and I know because I lived it.

Qurious

Im On 1.
Chasey_Lane said:
What's to explain? Your name can be on a deed without your name being on the mortgage. :shrug:

whats the point?? If im not responsible financially on the mortgage I dont wanna be on the deed.

Our incomes combined would qualify us for a $400k house!! But his dumb ass wants to do it all alone because he doesn't trust me. When I ask the reason for lack of trust it has NOTHING to do with finances....

in your opinion is that a legit reason to not buy a house with someone?

I would be on guard if someone screwed me financially not relationship wise 2 years ago.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Qurious said:
whats the point?? If im not responsible financially on the mortgage I dont wanna be on the deed.
If something happens to your s/o and your name isn't on the deed, you have no rights to it.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Qurious said:
Our incomes combined would qualify us for a $400k house!! But his dumb ass wants to do it all alone because he doesn't trust me. When I ask the reason for lack of trust it has NOTHING to do with finances....
Why do you choose to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't trust you?
Yes. I wouldn't buy a home with someone I wasn't married to, but that's my opinion. I sure as hell wouldn't buy a home with someone I didn't trust.

Pete

Repete
Qurious said:

I would be on guard if someone screwed me financially not relationship wise 2 years ago.
One would assume he plans on showing you the curb in the near future and he doesn't want to deal with joint property.

On another note; How can you love someone who doesn't trust you and is not "the best you have had"?