Calvert Deputy guest analyst this weekend on "Live PD"

black dog

Free America
Well, guess what, all knowing one. I have never watched that show. Thanks for your reply. You make me sad. Oh, well. I will get over it. Carry on, and get over me. Thanks.

I love editing just for you. It would take a lot for me to give up Pioneer Woman, and Man Fire Food. You are a hoot and a half. Keep it coming/cumming; so to speak. :killingme: I suggest you take a hike, or try running. :bann:

Thank you, Hankaroo. :huggy:

All dried up and the Husband doesn't want you in the sack?

OldHillcrestGuy

Mohler seems like a nice guy. I look forward to seeing him in studio this week.

I agree. Some people just love to bash the LEO's. If it was Charles or St, Mary's on LivePD. they still would have negative comments about those departments. They make comments about the camo look, these days with all the things they have to have on them, tazzers, body camera's, cuffs etc, it takes a lot of the weight off their gun belts and distributes the weight. If you take time to look a lot of the departments featured on the show wear the same type of equipment, it also serves as their bulletproof vest.

black dog

Free America
I agree. Some people just love to bash the LEO's. If it was Charles or St, Mary's on LivePD. they still would have negative comments about those departments. They make comments about the camo look, these days with all the things they have to have on them, tazzers, body camera's, cuffs etc, it takes a lot of the weight off their gun belts and distributes the weight. If you take time to look a lot of the departments featured on the show wear the same type of equipment, it also serves as their bulletproof vest.

There is a reason that St Marys and Charles Co are not on LivePD, they turned them down.
Why on earth would any responsible LEO put forth not just his Officers and the citizens of there county in the light that is shown on those tv shows.
I find it interesting that the county sheriffs dept here in Madison Co Indiana doesn't dress up like tactical Timmy and they all carry the same gear.
Anderson, IN. police dept has 120 policeman and they dont tactical up in the locker rooms before heading out to work. There is a reason for tactile uniforms that are worn in some jurisdictions, And it aint for comfort and storage space.
Most officers nowdays seem to have more that enough real estate around there Sam Browne Duty Belt for two of every piece of equipment they need.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Yada yada yada. Then why is it that many sheriff offices still have their deputies wear a professional uniform such as Queen Annes County? Or how about our State Troopers? They wear a proper professional uniform and ostensibly have all, and carry all, those things you mentioned just fine and are able to accomplish their mission. This is not bashing LEO's. This is about the systematic growth of the tactical goonery and rights trampling that comes directly from the leadership. It's about how "law enforcement" have become politically positioned in a way that basically immunizes them from criticism and oversight. And that's it's just alright for rights to be trampled on to get the "bad Guy" at whatever the cost to freedom and to excuse away the behavior of deputies and sheriffs. Awww, well, geez and shucks, because they "need" our support. BS! They control the narrative with their propaganda, with a complicit media, and have managed to frame a relentlessly one-sided debate. With Sheriff Evans, there has been increased militarization, marginal accountability, and non-transparency. Evans and his office, and others, have been immune from criticism and oversight from our elected officials for far too long. The baseless and blind genuflection of the thugs in uniform and their leaders, elected or otherwise, must end.

BernieP

Resident PIA
There is a reason that St Marys and Charles Co are not on LivePD, they turned them down.
Why on earth would any responsible LEO put forth not just his Officers and the citizens of there county in the light that is shown on those tv shows.
I find it interesting that the county sheriffs dept here in Madison Co Indiana doesn't dress up like tactical Timmy and they all carry the same gear.
Anderson, IN. police dept has 120 policeman and they dont tactical up in the locker rooms before heading out to work. There is a reason for tactile uniforms that are worn in some jurisdictions, And it aint for comfort and storage space.
Most officers nowdays seem to have more that enough real estate around there Sam Browne Duty Belt for two of every piece of equipment they need.

Probably because it was sold to them as a way to build a positive image - and it has. In studio analysts have gone over the top at times to point out the positives on how a given officer handled a situation.
It gives the public a way to "ride along" with officers on a typical shift. If there is a such thing.

I'd say the LE has come off looking good in the episodes I've watched. People on the other hand? Comical how stupid people are. "They ain't my pants".

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
One of the reasons Calvert signed on is because the rural pioneers moving here, as they've done for the twenty years, seem to believe the County is crime ridden with daily drive bys occurring.

Christ almighty, we have people in this County who believe that a sign of a drug house is if the residents have flowers instead of a lawn in the front yard. Not to mention the ones who are positive that black Hyundais are the drug car of choice and a kid wearing flip flops is advertising he has Meth for sale.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
One of the reasons Calvert signed on is because the rural pioneers moving here, as they've done for the twenty years, seem to believe the County is crime ridden with daily drive bys occurring.

Christ almighty, we have people in this County who believe that a sign of a drug house is if the residents have flowers instead of a lawn in the front yard. Not to mention the ones who are positive that black Hyundais are the drug car of choice and a kid wearing flip flops is advertising he has Meth for sale.

I always heard that if you see shoes hanging from a power line, there was a drug house nearby. Never knew if that was true or not.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well, thanks for all the extra info that backs up your assertion that he is a "goober".... You make a great case! :bigwhoop:

I wouldn't want to cross rhetorical swords with such an intellectual powerhouse as seven obviously is...

officeguy

Yada yada yada. Then why is it that many sheriff offices still have their deputies wear a professional uniform such as Queen Annes County? Or how about our State Troopers? They wear a proper professional uniform and ostensibly have all, and carry all, those things you mentioned just fine and are able to accomplish their mission. This is not bashing LEO's. This is about the systematic growth of the tactical goonery and rights trampling that comes directly from the leadership. It's about how "law enforcement" have become politically positioned in a way that basically immunizes them from criticism and oversight.

I'll have to mark the day in my calendar that we agreed on something. Out of the 5 law enforcement agencies that police SoMD, 4 look like cops, the fifth looks like an occupying army. And based on how they present themselves on LivePD, the goonery doesn't stop with the clownish outfits. Ironically, it is also the agency that patrols the only county without anything that could pass for an urban area.

littlelady

God bless the USA
If I may ...

Yada yada yada. Then why is it that many sheriff offices still have their deputies wear a professional uniform such as Queen Annes County? Or how about our State Troopers? They wear a proper professional uniform and ostensibly have all, and carry all, those things you mentioned just fine and are able to accomplish their mission. This is not bashing LEO's. This is about the systematic growth of the tactical goonery and rights trampling that comes directly from the leadership. It's about how "law enforcement" have become politically positioned in a way that basically immunizes them from criticism and oversight. And that's it's just alright for rights to be trampled on to get the "bad Guy" at whatever the cost to freedom and to excuse away the behavior of deputies and sheriffs. Awww, well, geez and shucks, because they "need" our support. BS! They control the narrative with their propaganda, with a complicit media, and have managed to frame a relentlessly one-sided debate. With Sheriff Evans, there has been increased militarization, marginal accountability, and non-transparency. Evans and his office, and others, have been immune from criticism and oversight from our elected officials for far too long. The baseless and blind genuflection of the thugs in uniform and their leaders, elected or otherwise, must end.

I'll have to mark the day in my calendar that we agreed on something. Out of the 5 law enforcement agencies that police SoMD, 4 look like cops, the fifth looks like an occupying army. And based on how they present themselves on LivePD, the goonery doesn't stop with the clownish outfits. Ironically, it is also the agency that patrols the only county without anything that could pass for an urban area.

:yeahthat: to you both. Charlottesville was a perfect example of what y'all are talking about. God bless America.

Add: I voted for Kontra in the last election for Sheriff, and I am a Repub, but y'all know that. Who knows if he would have been better than Evans, but Evans sucks; so anything would be better. JMO.

Last edited:

seven

Well, thanks for all the extra info that backs up your assertion that he is a "goober".... You make a great case! :bigwhoop:

well golleee

Let's see. Plays Hotshot on Live PD on a "big" drug sting in a gas station parking lot. Sees a woman handoff something to a guy in a truck. Goober runs for his squad car tracks the girl down and pulls her over. Then questions her what she was doing and where were the drugs followed by threatening to call the dogs out. Welp. Guess what? She was handing off an alarm clock to her boyfriend. Boyfriend pulls up and shows whats in the bag. Sure enough. A damn alarm clock! Golleee! That's a Goober!

Last edited:

gemma_rae

Let's see. Plays Hotshot on Live PD on a "big" drug sting in a gas station parking lot. Sees a woman handoff something to a guy in a truck. Goober runs for his squad car tracks the girl down and pulls her over. Then questions her what she was doing and where were the drugs followed by threatening to call the dogs out. Welp. Guess what? She was handing off an alarm clock to her boyfriend. Boyfriend pulls up and shows whats in the bag. Sure enough. A damn alarm clock! Golleee! That's a Goober!

Don't forget parking on the highway and getting run over!:killingme