Calvert Deputy guest analyst this weekend on "Live PD"

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I was told the other day that the show won't be in Calvert for the upcoming season. Official reason, "too distracting and too much work". Unofficial reason, it's an election year.

black dog

Free America
I was told the other day that the show won't be in Calvert for the upcoming season. Official reason, "too distracting and too much work". Unofficial reason, it's an election year.

I always wondered why these police shows never end up in the slums of Gary,IN. The ghettos of Detroit and 8 mile, The east side of Indy, West Baltimore, Flatbush and Brooklyn NYC.
I would guess they really don't want to cover real crime areas, Along with the producer and the camera men would be scared sh!tless.

officeguy

I always wondered why these police shows never end up in the slums of Gary,IN. The ghettos of Detroit and 8 mile, The east side of Indy, West Baltimore, Flatbush and Brooklyn NYC.
I would guess they really don't want to cover real crime areas, Along with the producer and the camera men would be scared sh!tless.

Because the politicians don't want it. 'The first 48' used to be in Memphis for many years. That was until the local politicians decided that showing the folks in their city killing each other over dope was racist and harmed their tourism. Same thing happened in Miami and New Orleans.

black dog

Free America
Because the politicians don't want it. 'The first 48' used to be in Memphis for many years. That was until the local politicians decided that showing the folks in their city killing each other over dope was racist and harmed their tourism. Same thing happened in Miami and New Orleans.

I believe that and the city's get no money from the shows, no residuals no nothing. I've never understood why any city would put themselves on national tv in a bad light.

officeguy

I believe that and the city's get no money from the shows, no residuals no nothing. I've never understood why any city would put themselves on national tv in a bad light.

Not really a 'bad light'. Anyone who watches the shows knows that unless you start peddling dope in the projects, your odds of showing up on the 'The first 48' are pretty low, regardless of whether you go to Memphis, New Orleans or Miami.

BernieP

Resident PIA
They did a segment with Bridgeport CT - not a big city, but a pretty ####ing distressed one.
I'd say it was logistics, every notice they have multiple cars roll on even a traffic stop (maybe 2 film crews) and then they get somebody else to transport if there is an arrest.
I would say most big cities just don't have the excess manpower to have all those cars roll to one place.

BernieP

Resident PIA
If you watch the show it's good PR for LE. For the most part the officers come out looking good.
Let's be honest, we all know there are crimes out there, we know what goes on in our community and so do the people in NY, Boston, Baltimore, Houston, Miami.....

black dog

Free America
If you watch the show it's good PR for LE. For the most part the officers come out looking good.
Let's be honest, we all know there are crimes out there, we know what goes on in our community and so do the people in NY, Boston, Baltimore, Houston, Miami.....

You can honestly watch live PD and cops and tell me it shows me LEO's in good light?
.That's not what I see, I see profiling, pulling folks over for at best dubious reasons and then fish and lie to citizens to get consent for a search that never should have happened when they were pulled over for a tag light not working..
Folks arrested after illegal search done.. I see folks get bully copped everytime I watch a cop show on TV.

BernieP

Resident PIA
You can honestly watch live PD and cops and tell me it shows me LEO's in good light?
.That's not what I see, I see profiling, pulling folks over for at best dubious reasons and then fish and lie to citizens to get consent for a search that never should have happened when they were pulled over for a tag light not working..
Folks arrested after illegal search done.. I see folks get bully copped everytime I watch a cop show on TV.

I hear you on the ticky tacky stuff. I was pulled over for having only one headlight. It was working when I left the house, and with street lights I hardly noticed a difference.
But smokey bear gave me a warning and I was on my way. Handed him license, registration and insurance. There was no probably cause to search the vehicle and no search was done.
But aside from the delay, that was all. It was a state trooper, so cordial wasn't in his vocabulary.