Calvert scanner mx...

dgates80

Land of the lost
There was an outage of the Calvert scanner tonight, caused by a certain small black and white cat. He decided it would be fun to turn off the power to my internet modem, and since that feeds the audio to the internet.... uhhh..... well, I would punish him but he purrs so well, I find myself helpless.

The scanner itself was working fine, though, just not getting out to the world.

Sorry about that....

dgates80

Land of the lost
New desk....

Hi,

I am getting a new desk. Great you say, are there any chocolate donuts left? Well, heck, I don't know, but my getting a new desk *does* affect the Calvert scanner. I will have to tear apart my office to demolish the old desk (it's huge) and put the new desk in. And, clean the place in the process. Trust me, this is a good thing.

I expect to do this in the next few days. There will be a Calvert scanner outage for several hours when this happens. I will post a notice here when this happens. Then, for the duration, ya'll are going to have to just go fishing or something instead of listening to the scanner. I am pretty sure that life will continue though.

Have a happy day!

Don

dgates80

Land of the lost
Hi,

I am getting a new desk. Great you say, are there any chocolate donuts left? Well, heck, I don't know, but my getting a new desk *does* affect the Calvert scanner. I will have to tear apart my office to demolish the old desk (it's huge) and put the new desk in. And, clean the place in the process. Trust me, this is a good thing.

I expect to do this in the next few days. There will be a Calvert scanner outage for several hours when this happens. I will post a notice here when this happens. Then, for the duration, ya'll are going to have to just go fishing or something instead of listening to the scanner. I am pretty sure that life will continue though.

Have a happy day!

Don

OK, out with the old. Taking the scanner feed down for anout an hour now to demolish the old desk. Uhhh. Wish me luck.

-- don

dgates80

Land of the lost
OK, out with the old. Taking the scanner feed down for anout an hour now to demolish the old desk. Uhhh. Wish me luck.

-- don

OK, the Calvert scanner is back online. Whew, that old desk was heavy! Lots of wires disconnected and reconnected in the last hour. Seems to be working though!

- don

dgates80

Land of the lost
The storm got the St. Mary's scanner feed internet connection. It'll be back online as soon as internet connectivity can be restored. Thanks for your patience, David is working on it.

J

jp2854

thanks don... :)...i will check to see if its back online in the am as I am off to do a few things then hit the hay

J

jp2854

don the stmarys scanner is offline again :(. can you please let david know. I sent him an email but not sure if he will or will not see it.

dgates80

Land of the lost
Ouch. That new desk was HEAVY... but it is now in place in the office. I will be taking the Calvert scanner offline this evening for about one to two hours to move it to it's new home.

I will post here right before and after it is back online.

Thanks!

Don

dgates80

Land of the lost
Ouch. That new desk was HEAVY... but it is now in place in the office. I will be taking the Calvert scanner offline this evening for about one to two hours to move it to it's new home.

I will post here right before and after it is back online.

Thanks!

Don

Hi,

I am moving the Calvert scanner feed computer shortly. Back up on a couple of hours....

-- Don

dgates80

Land of the lost
I am switching the Calvert feed computer to a different internet connection, so the scanner will be up and down a lot today. I will post again when Iget the config stabilized, thanks for ya'lls patience!