Can we get a dog park?!?!

Danzig

Originally posted by Chrystee
So Danzig.. Are you wanting a dog park too? :biggrin:

Don't care one way or the other, I just like to laugh at the "locals" don't want to St. Mary's to change.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by Danzig
Don't care one way or the other, I just like to laugh at the "locals" don't want to St. Mary's to change.
Why? Because it's our history and heritage? That's funny?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Ehesef
the fact that you want to change and change and change until the St. Mary's County I was born in is totally unrecognizable?
Wake up and smell the sheets, friend. The city I grew up in is barely recognizable. Things change. Towns grow. Get over it.

Chrystee

Your history and heritage?? Ok, which of the fab five families do you belong to?

Its amazing how you "think" you own the land here.. We all own it.. Are you telling me you only shop at Mattingly's, Raley's or Woodburn's?

Last edited:

Danzig

YES.............Laughing my azz to the bank

I'm glad it changed, I can't wait till my house is worth $50 to $75,000 more than what I paid for it two years ago.

What heritage? 10 oz. ???????

Danzig

Your history and heritage?? Ok, which of the fab five families do you belong to?

Now, Now. She don't want change........Just the $$$ from it.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Wow, you guys really went :offtopic: and :crazy: over a dog park. :roflmao:

Questions - since I'm new to the dog park idea:

*Do they have the cool doggie playground equipment like at the agility shows for the dogs to play with?

*How do you handle those delicate situations when some Brutus beast is trying to show little Fluffypoo who's top dog and the owner is unsympathetic to your wishes to get his mutt away from yours?

*Do the dogs crap all over the place? Cause I don't think I'd want to be in there much less having my dog play in a poo yard. :lol:

Chrystee

Originally posted by Sharon

*Do they have the cool doggie playground equipment like at the agility shows for the dogs to play with?

*How do you handle those delicate situations when some Brutus beast is trying to show little Fluffypoo who's top dog and the owner is unsympathetic to your wishes to get his mutt away from yours?

*Do the dogs crap all over the place? Cause I don't think I'd want to be in there much less having my dog play in a poo yard. :lol:

Here is an example of rules from White Plains' dog park..
Rules

Charles County is not responsible for injuries to dogs or their owners/handlers. Use Dog Park at own risk. This area is for dogs and their handlers/owners only.

Owners/handlers are responsible for their dog's behavior.

Outside of fenced area, dogs must be on a leash and under control at all times.

Owner/handler must remain inside, with leash in hand, within view and voice control of their dog(s) at all times.

Dogs showing aggression towards people or other dogs must be immediately leashed and removed from the Dog Park. This includes biting, fighting, and excessive barking. Repeated aggressive behavior may result in loss of park privileges.

Owners/handlers must immediately cleanup after their dogs. If they poop - you scoop! Plastic bags and garbage cans are available - please dispose of properly.

No more than two (2) dogs per handler.

For safety reasons, children under the age of 10 years are prohibited from entering the fenced area. All children who enter the Dog Park must be accompanied by an adult, who is accountable for their behavior and well-being.

Dogs in heat and puppies under four (4) months of age are prohibited.

Owners/handlers must prevent their dogs from digging holes. Any holes created by your dog must be filled.

Dog Park fence gates must be closed immediately after entering or exiting the facility.

No smoking, food, or dog treats allowed within the fenced area.

Dogs must be health, collared and wearing up-to-date rabies vaccination tags.

Owners/handlers must be respectful of the rights of others and maintain control of their pets at all times.

Smaller fenced-in area may be used for small dogs, shy dogs, and puppies.

Dogs must always be treated humanely.

Fresh water is available at the park or owners can bring their own. Glass containers are not allowed.

Professional dog trainers may not use this facility to conduct business.

Pit Bull Terriers are NOT ALLOWED in park.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Interesting...

Thanks...so like everywhere else - Do people actually obey these rules?

It's also been my experience that most people do not "voice control of their dog(s) at all times". Plenty of times I've seen it...the dog looks up at his master & thinks to himself, "Oh yeah, you talkin' to me? ... whatever" ...the master heads toward the dog...the dog runs away! :lmao:

Chrystee

Re: Interesting...

Originally posted by Sharon
Thanks...so like everywhere else - Do people actually obey these rules?

It's also been my experience that most people do not "voice control of their dog(s) at all times". Plenty of times I've seen it...the dog looks up at his master & thinks to himself, "Oh yeah, you talkin' to me? ... whatever" ...the master heads toward the dog...the dog runs away! :lmao:

Well, I have been to the WP's one, and it has always been ok.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
So Danzig.. Are you wanting a dog park too? :biggrin:
I would love to see a dog park, but highly doubt I would take my pup to one. She's only 2.5 lbs and I would be afraid that the bigger doggies (*ahem* Sharon) would mistake her for lunch. :bawl:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by Chasey_Lane
She's only 2.5 lbs and I would be afraid that the bigger doggies (*ahem* Sharon) would mistake her for lunch. :bawl:

well, she does smell like taco bell :shrug:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
They are nice for the dogs to get out and run around and socialize.

Socialize?? My dogs TOO small.. he might be the snack for the social...

Chrystee

I would love to see a dog park, but highly doubt I would take my pup to one. She's only 2.5 lbs and I would be afraid that the bigger doggies (*ahem* Sharon) would mistake her for lunch. :bawl:

They have a smaller one for small dogs under 20 lbs.

hhbb4

Dog parks - good idea!

I live in So. Calvert Cty. Most of parks around where I live don't even allow dogs on a leash! Geesch....! So we walk the neighborhood *YAWN* or have to drive drive drive to someplace to bring her!

Christy

b*tch rocket

:killingme Are you kidding me? That 2.5 pounder can handle her own around the big dogs and you know it. :lol:

K

Kizzy

I didn't know there was a dog park right around the corner from here. :shrug: I guess I better not let Milo find out.