Cancer risks w/moisturizer use rethink gifts!

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
If you are worried about the lotions, just be sure they are paraban free. Brands such as JASON, Burt's Bees, as well as a few other organic lines have this stated on the labels. It costs more, sometimes doesn't smell all that great, but if you are truely concerned about it, just get something from those lines which are paraban free.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
If you are worried about the lotions, just be sure they are paraban free. Brands such as JASON, Burt's Bees, as well as a few other organic lines have this stated on the labels. It costs more, sometimes doesn't smell all that great, but if you are truely concerned about it, just get something from those lines which are paraban free.

Being the dried up old prune that I am, I need moisturizers :bawl:

Christy

b*tch rocket
If Oil of Olay winds up being the death of me, it will be well worth it. I can't live without oil of olay. :drama:

On the other hand, I have ten million bottles/tubes/vats of unused body lotions. I rarely ever use them. The rest of me isn't dry and lotions make me feel all greasy. :ohwell:

K

Kain99

I think I can do Cocoa Butter but I will miss my fruity floral delights.

bcp

In My Opinion
Crisco works for me. A bit of almond extract and I also smell good.
add a pound of confectioners sugar to the mix and you can make sorta frosting and smooth out any wrinkles that you may think you have.

the cats will also be your bestest friends

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
If Oil of Olay winds up being the death of me, it will be well worth it. I can't live without oil of olay. :drama:

On the other hand, I have ten million bottles/tubes/vats of unused body lotions. I rarely ever use them. The rest of me isn't dry and lotions make me feel all greasy. :ohwell:

My mom has used Olay all her life. I like the oil free:yay: My mom is almost 60 and everyone says she looks great for her age:lol: I am almost 35 and still get carded for smokes:yahoo:

W

Wenchy

Oil of Olay is my splurge. I swear by the stuff. :yay:

add a pound of confectioners sugar to the mix and you can make sorta frosting and smooth out any wrinkles that you may think you have.

the cats will also be your bestest friends

:lmao: My cats don't like sweets. Tuna, yes, sweets, no.

I don't have any wrinkles (yet) just saggage/baggage. I use duct tape to hold the jowls and eyelids up.

LadyWolf

I will use Oil of Olay, Dove, Bath & Body, things that smell pretty. I am not going to put on stuff that I use for Salad Dressings, Vegetables, and Marinating. It's just not happening. I will absorb it by ingesting it, not using it as topical!!!

TinaTina

People give lotion gift sets for Christmas, please rethink this. Many women love Bath and Body products and the like, be careful of what you put on your body.
The Ayurvedic philosophy is that since the skin is the body's largest organ and we absorb things through our skin, if you're not willing to ingest it, why would you put it on your body? Personally I use raw extra virgin coconut oil or olive oil but you can use sunflower oil, almond oil.... etc.

Breast cancer risk linked to body lotion.

Serious question...what do you use for deodorant? I can't think of anything I'd ingest that could also serve this purpose.

bcp

In My Opinion
Oil of Olay is my splurge. I swear by the stuff. :yay:

:lmao: My cats don't like sweets. Tuna, yes, sweets, no.

I don't have any wrinkles (yet) just saggage/baggage. I use duct tape to hold the jowls and eyelids up.
switch the crisco with drywall compound. it will keep the saggage in check.

TinaTina

There are lots of recipes for homemade deodorants. Just google it.

I did a quick google search and mostly baking soda came up, which I expected. I'm not interested in making my own, I love my girly lotions, perfumes, deodorants, etc. too much to give them up, I was just wondering what the original poster used, if it was all really ingestible, and if it really works.

frozenrain

People give lotion gift sets for Christmas, please rethink this. Many women love Bath and Body products and the like, be careful of what you put on your body.
The Ayurvedic philosophy is that since the skin is the body's largest organ and we absorb things through our skin, if you're not willing to ingest it, why would you put it on your body? Personally I use raw extra virgin coconut oil or olive oil but you can use sunflower oil, almond oil.... etc.

Breast cancer risk linked to body lotion.

Morningbell I have been reading how coconut oil is a good oil to consume.Do you believe so?
.Can you suggest a good one and where you buy your other oils.thankyou!

frozenrain

I've tried a bunch of other moisterizers, but I still always just go back to Oil of Olay.

I like to eat Oil of Olay -does that make it good for me?

only joking.I know this is a serious topic.I try to use natural when I can but I use oil of olay around my eyes.You are right it is very effective.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I will use Oil of Olay, Dove, Bath & Body, things that smell pretty. I am not going to put on stuff that I use for Salad Dressings, Vegetables, and Marinating. It's just not happening. I will absorb it by ingesting it, not using it as topical!!!
Your skin absorbs whatever, it is the body's largest organ.

Serious question...what do you use for deodorant? I can't think of anything I'd ingest that could also serve this purpose.
Rock crystal.

Morningbell I have been reading how coconut oil is a good oil to consume.Do you believe so?
.Can you suggest a good one and where you buy your other oils.thank you!

yes, on manna bread :yay: I use it like butter... on butternut squash, sweet potatoes, yams....

frozenrain

yes, on manna bread :yay: I use it like butter... on butternut squash, sweet potatoes, yams....
Sounds yummy!
I just might try it out .I heard that they used to use it in baking goods but the government introduced other oils.......I need to read up more on the politics of the food industry......