Can't get over him....

PricklyGoo

After me he turned gay? Well, I went to 'the dark side'........and I'm staying there! I'm not worried at all. There were lessons to be learned for both of us....Life is good. I'm blessed. Good job, great friends and awesome family!

Once you go black....

......we don't want you back.

signora

It's been almost a year now and I can't get over this one guy. We dated for about two years. We connected emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Things were great and then I started getting cold feet about it all ~ I had been married before and was scared to get that involved again.

I wasn't even looking for someone when we met and he was different from anyone else I had ever dated. He was the 'father' type from the beginning and I knew it, I could just feel it. I knew he would be a great dad. He was such a caring man. Well....long story short. I miss him so much even still. It's so hard for me to date. I've tried...I compare them to him, I call them his name. It's the strangest thing. I don't think I ever loved the way I did with him. I just broke up with another boyfriend because I'm just not ready to totally move on. It's not fair to the men I'm dating. It's so difficult because I look back and see where I could have done things differently but more than anything....I want to be able to move on with my life. Does that require moving out of the area or what? any advice ?
thanks

A lot of people have regrets for things they did or should have done differently but you can't keep dwelling on it because in the end it's only going to keep causing problems in any relationship you have. Even though now you think this guy was great, something did stop you from wanting more with him.
It doesn't sound like either of you chose to keep any contact w/each other or have made contact w/each other so could be a sign he has moved on w/his life, while you keep obsessing over him.

But I think the only way you are going to solve your own problems is to contact him and see where he stands. It can either have a positive or negative outcome. If negative then you need to put closure on the past and move on w/your life. I think when a relationship ends in many ways it ended for a reason - so maybe it was just meant to be.

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind
A lot of people have regrets for things they did or should have done differently but you can't keep dwelling on it because in the end it's only going to keep causing problems in any relationship you have. Even though now you think this guy was great, something did stop you from wanting more with him.
It doesn't sound like either of you chose to keep any contact w/each other or have made contact w/each other so could be a sign he has moved on w/his life, while you keep obsessing over him.

But I think the only way you are going to solve your own problems is to contact him and see where he stands. It can either have a positive or negative outcome. If negative then you need to put closure on the past and move on w/your life. I think when a relationship ends in many ways it ended for a reason - so maybe it was just meant to be.

I believe that too, but this is different. She isn't telling the whole story. I wouldn't keep in contact with someone who dumped me because they had FROSTBITE and who hasn't bothered to try and contact me. She has three choices...Get over it, call him and talk to him or MOVE.

AndyMarquisLIVE

It's been almost a year now and I can't get over this one guy. We dated for about two years. We connected emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Things were great and then I started getting cold feet about it all ~ I had been married before and was scared to get that involved again.

I wasn't even looking for someone when we met and he was different from anyone else I had ever dated. He was the 'father' type from the beginning and I knew it, I could just feel it. I knew he would be a great dad. He was such a caring man. Well....long story short. I miss him so much even still. It's so hard for me to date. I've tried...I compare them to him, I call them his name. It's the strangest thing. I don't think I ever loved the way I did with him. I just broke up with another boyfriend because I'm just not ready to totally move on. It's not fair to the men I'm dating. It's so difficult because I look back and see where I could have done things differently but more than anything....I want to be able to move on with my life. Does that require moving out of the area or what? any advice ?
thanks
Caitlin? Is that you?

:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme

AndyMarquisLIVE

HOLY CRAP!!!

I know the guy you are talking about.
I just figured it out.

do you realize that after you he turned gay?

I dont think you want him back

After me he turned gay? Well, I went to 'the dark side'........and I'm staying there! I'm not worried at all. There were lessons to be learned for both of us....Life is good. I'm blessed. Good job, great friends and awesome family!
And she bit the bait!!!

:killingme

signora

I believe that too, but this is different. She isn't telling the whole story. I wouldn't keep in contact with someone who dumped me because they had FROSTBITE and who hasn't bothered to try and contact me. She has three choices...Get over it, call him and talk to him or MOVE.

I agree - there are (3) sides to every story (his, hers and the truth). As for keeping in contact w/people you were involved with everybody is different in how they handle things. It doesn't mean you forgive the person for what they did, but sometimes it's better to be civil then enemies. Like I feel when someone choses to hurt someone else, their day will come. Moving will not solve the problem.

PricklyGoo

I agree - there are (3) sides to every story (his, hers and the truth). As for keeping in contact w/people you were involved with everybody is different in how they handle things. It doesn't mean you forgive the person for what they did, but sometimes it's better to be civil then enemies. Like I feel when someone choses to hurt someone else, their day will come. Moving will not solve the problem.

Actually if you look at it like that there's two sides.....hers vs his / the truth :killingme

:love:

signora

Actually if you look at it like that there's two sides.....hers vs his / the truth :killingme

:love:

:lmao: and of course, woman are alway right. But either way people have a way of lying or keeping secrets. But eventually they will surface so it's better to be truthful.

bcp

In My Opinion
-------------------------------------------

I once heard somewhere, "The best way to get over someone is to get UNDER someone else.:lmao:
Just on the remote chance that this thread was really serious..

I do not agree with you at all.

the best way to get over someone is to get used to enjoying your own company first.

first you time, then let someone else in. Being with someone in a live in relationship causes you to lose sight of part of who you really are. before you move on, you have to regain what you have personally lost.

ok, enough of that. I will now return to making fun of people.

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind

I agree, but the difference is that we aren't getting the entire story. Hard to give advice because remember she's dated another guy (after Mr. Wonderful) for almost a year before she realizes that "Mr. Wonderful" is just that. Personally, I would think it wouldn't take a year of dating someone else to realize you screwed up. Why would she go to the extent of "comparing" the new guy to the guy she had Frostbite over? That doesn't even make sense. I'm thinking maybe Mr. Wonderful dumped her because maybe she told him she had Frostbite and he couldn't figure out why after 2 years? I'm still thinking she's lying about something. She hasn't made a whole lot of comments about this....hm? :eyebrow:

C6R_Mag

Just on the remote chance that this thread was really serious..

I do not agree with you at all.

the best way to get over someone is to get used to enjoying your own company first.

first you time, then let someone else in. Being with someone in a live in relationship causes you to lose sight of part of who you really are. before you move on, you have to regain what you have personally lost.

ok, enough of that. I will now return to making fun of people.

i totally agree with that!!

Time to cut your losses and get over your own insecurities. They got in the way of "mr. wonderful" and now its too late. he may take you back, but chances are he moved on and your no longer "ms. wonderful" to him.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I've dated at least a dozen Mr. Wonderful's.:shrug: Just mark them with a Sharpie so you can tell which ones you've had:yay: I use a "Q".