Capital Meats Inc.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
How do they know what you make?

Don't know, but when I was a recruiter we had two different ones in our office and they were dead on..

Are tax returns private?

OR better yet, you apply for a loan, you have to provide your annual income.. someone takes the time to build a database and capture that data.. and WALLAH.. a very refined product that would be the bible to salesmen..

The catalogue company pays a pittance for the files from finance and loan companies, and they compile it, and make a HUGE amount of money selling the compiled data.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Don't know, but when I was a recruiter we had two different ones in our office and they were dead on..

Are tax returns private?

OR better yet, you apply for a loan, you have to provide your annual income.. someone takes the time to build a database and capture that data.. and WALLAH.. a very refined product that would be the bible to salesmen..

The catalogue company pays a pittance for the files from finance and loan companies, and they compile it, and make a HUGE amount of money selling the compiled data.
But they'd need to know your name. My salary has changed in the 11 yrs since I purchased. Maybe they rent. :shrug:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
But they'd need to know your name. My salary has changed in the 11 yrs since I purchased. Maybe they rent. :shrug:

it's been a year or two, and we had two directories.. One was a cross reference.. (remember these were the days before GOOGLE) that with one piece of data I could get the rest.. Like a phone book in reverse. If you have an address, i could find a name, and a phone number, or I had a phone number I could find a name and an adress..

I THINK the other one had just the address and the salary, but not certain.. When I picture it I can almost picture a name too.

Like I said not sure where they get their info, but it was accurate. Figure there were probably 12 recruiters (alls services) in our office, all our wives did different jobs, and all 12 of us the amounts they had in the directory were right on.. Wonder if the gov't could sell data off of our returns?

BUT I figure if you want to make a directory like that you'll find ways to find/ buy the data you need.

Hell, we caught a recruiter selling High School student's name, address and phone number lists to a Jostens salesmen.. recruiter was in trouble, but you have to give kudo's to the salesman that thought to ask.

Last edited:

sparkyaclown

Wonder if the gov't could sell data off of our returns?

If they did, the person who did it would be facing some serious fines and jail time. It is against the law for the government to disclose any of that information. There are specific laws protecting data that could be used to identify individuals.