Capital Meats Inc.

mainman

Set Trippin
When I worked at Mama Maria's we bought our chicken there. 40lb. box of legs/thighs for $20. :yay:
*The one in Waldorf but I'm sure the prices were the same.
I shopped at that one when I was in chuck county... Now I go to the one in PF... It is really nice and the butchers are very friendly and helpful...
I love the bacon from nicks as well...

camily

Peace
I shopped at that one when I was in chuck county... Now I go to the one in PF... It is really nice and the butchers are very friendly and helpful...
I love the bacon from nicks as well...

Don't even get me started on the subs..... :drool:

OldHillcrestGuy

Since you shop at McKays and Food Lion in Charlotte Hall, I suppose you will be going to Prince Fred by way of 231, just before you get to Rt. 4, turn left on the PF bypass :killingme (Prince Frederrck Blvd.) and follow that through to the end and its the shopping center on your right can't miss that large library building.

luvscats

I've shopped at Nicks in PF. They have wonderful crab cakes and the service is terrific and friendly. I like Woodburns too. -------- It does feel nice to have alot of good stuff in the freezer. I just think I paid too much and that's my fault, not the salesperson. ----- The truck was a professional company truck, not a beat up ratty looking pick up truck. ---- I just bought on impulse and I get aggravated with myself when I do that. It's ok now tho, I'm over my snit.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I've shopped at Nicks in PF. They have wonderful crab cakes and the service is terrific and friendly. I like Woodburns too. -------- It does feel nice to have alot of good stuff in the freezer. I just think I paid too much and that's my fault, not the salesperson. ----- The truck was a professional company truck, not a beat up ratty looking pick up truck. ---- I just bought on impulse and I get aggravated with myself when I do that. It's ok now tho, I'm over my snit.

:yay: And just think of all the money you saved in gasoline AND time shopping!

W

Wenchy

They're Back!

Currently in California behind KMart near Beverly Hills. He said he has deals for as low as $3/lb. A neighborhood kid piped up that she was a vegetarian. I politely said, "No", and he walked away...obviously wet behind the ears...but if you want to wheel and deal they are out and about.

Currently in California behind KMart near Beverly Hills. He said he has deals for as low as $3/lb. A neighborhood kid piped up that she was a vegetarian. I politely said, "No", and he walked away...obviously wet behind the ears...but if you want to wheel and deal they are out and about.
DYMPHNA!!! GET THE SHOTGUN READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

camily

Peace

Is there really a development called Beverly Hills in California or are you being facetious? They had some good deals when they came by my house the other day but I just wasn't in the market for meat :)lol:). I think the guy was pissed but I had told him no several times. It's not my fault he got two huge boxes of meat and seafood out on my porch. He left his Cowboys hat on the railing.

Claff

Dredging up a dead thread

These numbnuts knocked on my door today even though I have a prominent "No Soliciting" sign on said door. I don't know what these guys are thinking. If a house has a sign that pretty much says "I don't want people knocking on my door", why knock on the door? All you're going to do is get the guy inside ticked off, that's pretty much a guaranteed $0 sale. At least the guy was already walking away when I opened the door. He looked back, I saw the van, I shook my head "no" and he kept walking away.

What got me is that he got back in the van and left the neighborhood. I live halfway down a dead-end street with 10 or 12 houses on it and the van was parked in front of my house. He didn't stop at any other houses on his way out, so is my address on some "sucker" list that the drivers are given with the understanding that people there have bought before, so hit them up again? Guess someone should tell them that the house changed hands and the new owners are not door-to-door salesman friendly.

Nucklesack

Please tell me you didn't buy meat from one of those guys who goes around knocking on peoples' doors.....

Have they moved upscale?

I have only seen them stopping people in the parking lots (where's Eddy and Foodidiot when you need them) and gas stations, asking if you wanna buy their meat.

Jigglepuff

Chin Jiggla!
:lol: Anyone been happy with their stuff? They were by here today.
We bought from Baltimore Meats (same style door-to-door), expensive.

The cuts are leaner than what you would get at the local grocer. We were happy with the quality.

You can get them to come down in price usually....diker with them a bit. If they want a sale bad enough, they will come down in price.

I have noticed what they do. If they have a regular customer in your neighbourhood, they will go door-to-door to drum up extra business when they are in the area.

rms_clements

happened to us too

These creeps showed up at our door today also--claiming they work for Capital Meats. White pick up truck with a cooler strapped in the back. Trying to sell my husband meat for $700 and even offering to go buy us a freezer from Lowes when my husband informed them we didn't have room for all that meat. He didn't realize what they were driving or that they weren't ligitimate until he saw their vehicle. No company info on the truck, no business cards, just a box full of meat and two really pushy salesman. When he told them we were not interested, they would not take no for an answer, he had to tell them several times we were not interested, this must have went on for over 15 mins--very, very pushy. We called the police after they left. Unfortuantely no tag on the front of their vehicle, and when they realized we were trying to get their tag number, they bolted. Beware of these scam artists. I will report them again if they come into our neighborhood.

Last edited:

cattataint

These creeps showed up at our door today also--claiming they work for Capital Meats. White pick up truck with a cooler strapped in the back. Trying to sell my husband meat for $700 and even offering to go buy us a freezer from Lowes when my husband informed them we didn't have room for all that meat. He didn't realize what they were driving or that they weren't ligitimate until he saw their vehicle. No company info on the truck, no business cards, just a box full of meat and two really pushy salesman. When he told them we were not interested, they would not take no for an answer, he had to tell them several times we were not interested, this must have went on for over 15 mins--very, very pushy. We called the police after they left. Unfortuantely no tag on the front of their vehicle, and when they realized we were trying to get their tag number, they bolted. Beware of these scam artists. I will report them again if they come into our neighborhood.

Your husband sounds like a pushover. :cds: Scam artists. :roflmao:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Dredging up a dead thread

These numbnuts knocked on my door today even though I have a prominent "No Soliciting" sign on said door. I don't know what these guys are thinking. If a house has a sign that pretty much says "I don't want people knocking on my door", why knock on the door? All you're going to do is get the guy inside ticked off, that's pretty much a guaranteed $0 sale. At least the guy was already walking away when I opened the door. He looked back, I saw the van, I shook my head "no" and he kept walking away.

What got me is that he got back in the van and left the neighborhood. I live halfway down a dead-end street with 10 or 12 houses on it and the van was parked in front of my house. He didn't stop at any other houses on his way out, so is my address on some "sucker" list that the drivers are given with the understanding that people there have bought before, so hit them up again? Guess someone should tell them that the house changed hands and the new owners are not door-to-door salesman friendly.

There is a 'X' directory that lists how much you make a year cross referenced to your address.

They have streets rated one to 5 stars then when you dig into the individual addresses it lists what the HOUSEHOLD income is..

Does your family possibly make more money than your neighbors?

That and there are a LOT of businesses out there that make money selling "lead Lists".. and they'll zero in on ONLY those on the list.. Buy a set of Encyclopedias from a door to door, and yes, you DO get marked.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
There is a 'X' directory that lists how much you make a year cross referenced to your address.

They have streets rated one to 5 stars then when you dig into the individual addresses it lists what the HOUSEHOLD income is..

Does your family possibly make more money than your neighbors?

That and there are a LOT of businesses out there that make money selling "lead Lists".. and they'll zero in on ONLY those on the list.. Buy a set of Encyclopedias from a door to door, and yes, you DO get marked.
How do they know what you make?