CAPS fans!!

craptastic

Have to say I liked the Ovie-MoJo-Laich line Bruce switched to during the game yesterday :) Hope we see more of that!! I think Laich and MoJo are perfect line-mates to motivate Ovie a little bit!

BuddyLee

Football addict
Should be interesting as always against Philly.

Sucks that Fehr is injured and Semin is on IR.

OldHillcrestGuy

Yeah, gonna miss Fehr :( May as well get used to not having Semin though cause I seriously doubt he's back next year :ohwell:

He may not make it past the trading deadline of Feb 28th. We would have to get a goal scorer in return for him, hard to trade away a guy who gets 40 goals a season, without something good in return.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Solid win tonight with our 3rd string goalie in net.

Good defense.

I really like Chimera on that first line. That opens up a lot for Backie and Ovie.:yay:

Another thing to consider with the offensive struggles of the Caps is chemistry. They have a lot of new characters on the roster this year. A lot of young guys still growing and learning along the way.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Solid win tonight with our 3rd string goalie in net.

Good defense.

I really like Chimera on that first line. That opens up a lot for Backie and Ovie.:yay:

Another thing to consider with the offensive struggles of the Caps is chemistry. They have a lot of new characters on the roster this year. A lot of young guys still growing and learning along the way.

The offense is missing Semin, his being hurt/out coincides with their offensive slump.

craptastic

The offense is missing Semin, his being hurt/out coincides with their offensive slump.

Not sure I'd agree with that 100% but I do feel like a lot of it is chemistry. Their collective slump as a team started when they traded Fleischmann for Hannan...coincidence? Maybe. And they fact that they play different lines ALL the time can also affect chemistry. I understand the line changes to a degree but the other part of me feels it would be better to leave some of it alone and let the linemates build chemistry.

On another note I was pleased to see how comfortable Holtby looked in the net last night!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Not sure I'd agree with that 100% but I do feel like a lot of it is chemistry. Their collective slump as a team started when they traded Fleischmann for Hannan...coincidence? Maybe. And they fact that they play different lines ALL the time can also affect chemistry. I understand the line changes to a degree but the other part of me feels it would be better to leave some of it alone and let the linemates build chemistry.

On another note I was pleased to see how comfortable Holtby looked in the net last night!

I like the quirkiness of Holtby. :lol:

Did you see where Flash has a pulmonary embolism. :yikes:

Last edited:

Sweet 16

^^8^^

Yep ~ Ovie, Semin & Backstrom used to play together like they shared a brain, then BB started 'tinkering' and look what happened. It's like they don't know how to play together anymore. Now with Semin out of the equation there's no telling what will happen. I just hope we can get -and keep- it together before long.
LET'S GO CAPS!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

OldHillcrestGuy

Lets not go and get to excited, Caps arent beating the good teams, since Jan 1, when they beat the Penquins in the Winter Classic, we have not beaten a team with a winning record, our wins (3) have come against, 3 of the 4 worse teams in the Eastern Conference, and those games were all close.

The new line of Ovie, Nicky and Chimera seems to be really clicking, like the way Chimera charges the net.

We do need Semin back for that second line, so we can get some offense from them.

The defense is solid, proably best in several years, just need the offense to come alive. Maybe Caps will be like the Pens were couple years ago, they looked kind of $hitty in the reguler season then with about 3-4 weeks to go they came alive and peaked at just the right time and won Stanleys cup.

Baz

This. ------------------>
Maybe Caps will be like the Pens were couple years ago, they looked kind of $hitty in the reguler season then with about 3-4 weeks to go they came alive and peaked at just the right time and won Stanleys cup.

Just a reminder, the Penguins' turnaround that year was sparked by a coaching change. The players seemed to have tuned Therrien out, so Bylsma was brought in.

And yes, Therrien got them to the Finals the year before.

Peter Forsberg

Just a reminder, the Penguins' turnaround that year was sparked by a coaching change. The players seemed to have tuned Therrien out, so Bylsma was brought in.

And yes, Therrien got them to the Finals the year before.
Tell Cindy to play in the allstar game the NHL will promise not to allow anybody to hit her in fear she might get injured.