Cap's Thread?

SoMdDude

Loved the number 1 text tonight after the game on CSN..

"McNabb came to DC to see a real hockey team play"

Ok Flyers fans, have at it lol and no it wasnt me :1bdz: :killingme

LordStanley

I know nothing
:killingme:killingme:killingme Lord Stanley any comments?:buddies:

I got a chuckle out of that :lol: But after watching the 7th seed Flyers dump the 2nd seed Devils, Id say the flyers are a real hockey team.

Guess we'll find out next series.:jerry:

Its all going to come down to goal tending in the end. The flyers played their asses off against Jersey. However Boosh was the better netminder. Which I cant believe im saying that. He had a horrible season this year, but seemed to turn it around with that overtime shootout win over the rangers. Maybe thats all he needed to get his fire going... Brodeur didnt look as sharp during the whole series. I wouldnt be surprised if he retires!

The caps better hope they continue to get good goal tending from Varley.

The Flyers better hope Boosh doesnt fall apart!

OldHillcrestGuy

Now that Philly gets to rest and wait for the winner of our series, the Caps better win tonight so they can rest up for Lord Stanleys team, you guys losing Carter is a big blow. Caps/Flyers been some wild games in the playoffs in the past. Will never forget Dale Hunters goal against them.

BuddyLee

Football addict
According to the Capitals Insider the Canadiens are starting Halak tonight.

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Semyon Varlamov will start in goal and the forward lines, based on the morning skate, will remain the same as Game 4. The only question is whether defenseman Shaone Morrisonn will be able to suit up. He told me he'll be a game-time decision.

If Morrisonn can't play, he'll be replaced by Tyler Sloan again.

Jaroslav Halak, meanwhile, is expected to return to the Habs' net tonight after Carey Price yielded four goals Wednesday, including goals on back-to-back shots 52 seconds apart in a pivotal third period.

Price, of course, also received a pair of unsportsmanlike penalties -- one for firing the puck at the Caps' goal celebration and the other for taking a swipe at Nicklas Backstrom with his stick from the bench.

"It's frustration," Boudreau said of Price. "He wanted to, but he held back. It was just a little love tap."

Backstrom said he was surprised but amused.

"That was the first time," he said with a chuckle. "I felt it. I didn't know it was the goalie. It's not a big deal."

While it's unclear whether Price's late meltdown had anything to do with the switch, the Caps didn't sound overly concerned about who's starting in net for the Habs.

They're just worried about finishing off an opponent they know will be more desperate tonight than ever. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>