Caps!

Kerad

Thats only because I WANTED Ottawa to beat the Pens :lol:

I knew who was going to win that series... I just wasnt going to admit it :whistle:

Ohhh...okay. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I guess I won't bring up Philly's diving penalty from last night, then.

Oooops....sorry! :lol:

Game 7s...can't beat 'em! :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Good...

Ohhh...okay. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I guess I won't bring up Philly's diving penalty from last night, then.

Oooops....sorry! :lol:

Game 7s...can't beat 'em! :yay:

...hockey is the most exciting team sport in the world, by far. Game 7's are as good as hockey gets. I knew I was hooked back in last week in game 3, I think it was. Calmly sitting in a bar with my daughter, enjoying dinner and the game and BAM, Ovie blew that open net and the Flyer's went on to win. I about came out of my seat and slammed my hand on the bar.

Exciting stuff.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

...hockey is the most exciting team sport in the world, by far. Game 7's are as good as hockey gets. I knew I was hooked back in last week in game 3, I think it was. Calmly sitting in a bar with my daughter, enjoying dinner and the game and BAM, Ovie blew that open net and the Flyer's went on to win. I about came out of my seat and slammed my hand on the bar.

Exciting stuff.

Ever been to a game?

It should be a must-do on everyone's life-list. :yay: I can honestly say I cannot think of a better, more exciting, time I have had anywhere else off hand. That includes doing things that risked life and limb :roflmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yup...

Ever been to a game?

It should be a must-do on everyone's life-list. :yay: I can honestly say I cannot think of a better, more exciting, time I have had anywhere else off hand. That includes doing things that risked life and limb :roflmao:

...several; all at Cap Center if that tells you anything. :lmao: One game was the year Dale Hunter did in the Flyer's in game 7. One of the early games in the series at home I went. In those days, the Caps sold out plenty of home games. It's just electric, the tension builds and builds and then a CLOSE chance and then, finally, KABOOM!!!

Redskins games are slow boils, it builds gradually, not nearly as dramatic explosions.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

...several; all at Cap Center if that tells you anything. :lmao: One game was the year Dale Hunter did in the Flyer's in game 7. One of the early games in the series at home I went. In those days, the Caps sold out plenty of home games. It's just electric, the tension builds and builds and then a CLOSE chance and then, finally, KABOOM!!!

Redskins games are slow boils, it builds gradually, not nearly as dramatic explosions.

never been to a football game, would like to try it sometime though.

I have never been to a hockey game as loud as the final game of the regular season this year. Verizon Center (I still call it MCI center :lol:) was nuts. It was great to finally see a fan-base coming around (in my lifetime at least). I think that last minute and a half of the regular season was even louder than when we won this past Saturday...I guarantee game 7 is going to be crazy.

Kerad

Exciting stuff.

:yay:

While all sports have contrasting moments of excitement and despair, there is no other sport that has so many of them alternating back and forth at such a feverish pace. The see-sawing of emotions is ridiculously nerve racking/breathtaking.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think...

:yay:

While all sports have contrasting moments of excitement and despair, there is no other sport that has so many of them alternating back and forth at such a feverish pace. The see-sawing of emotions is ridiculously nerve racking/breathtaking.

...a huge part of it is that the action doesn't stop nearly as much as everything else.

AndyMarquisLIVE

never been to a football game, would like to try it sometime though.

I have never been to a hockey game as loud as the final game of the regular season this year. Verizon Center (I still call it MCI center :lol:) was nuts. It was great to finally see a fan-base coming around (in my lifetime at least). I think that last minute and a half of the regular season was even louder than when we won this past Saturday...I guarantee game 7 is going to be crazy.
Going to a football game was just :bigwhoop: to me. Whoopie.

Hockey, basketball, baseball, auto racing are MUCH MORE thrilling live and in person than football imo.

The area high school football games are much better to see in person than a Redskins game.

Kerad

...a huge part of it is that the action doesn't stop nearly as much as everything else.

This is true, as well...there is a continuous shift from offense to defense. 1 second you're out of your seat as you see the open net your D-man is shooting for...only to see the puck clank off the post.

8 seconds after that you're cursing mad because the opponent converted the ensuing 2-on-1 off your shortside post.

Fugazi

Going to a football game was just :bigwhoop: to me. Whoopie.

Hockey, basketball, baseball, auto racing are MUCH MORE thrilling live and in person than football imo.

The area high school football games are much better to see in person than a Redskins game.

You are crazy....Pro Football is by far more exciting live than baseball or stupid cars going in a circle. The problem is you are watching the Deadskins!!!

Kerad

You are crazy....Pro Football is by far more exciting live than baseball or stupid cars going in a circle. ...

:lol:

Baseball's so "exciting" they had to schedule in a designated time so the fans could get up and stretch.
:yawn:

Anyways, good luck to the Caps tonight! A win awards them a trip to Pittsburgh...where the hosts are rested and restless.