Captain Pat's is Back

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
He's a retired Coast Guardsman...that's far too long a trip to send him on.
At least I'd get there. You on the other hand....
Remember that
"He has to go out, he doesn't have to come back" So if you give him some green backs and send him out for lunch, that may become happy hour, then dinner, then jamming with the band or doing macarena boot scootin boogie or something.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Can't wait to give it a try. A good seafood meal is worth driving for. :yay:

stgislander

PREMO Member
The wife and I got there around 5:15 and sat out on the deck. (Gilligan let me leave work a little early.) It was a beautiful evening.

Both the wife and I splurged and got the broiled platter. The filet was catfish which is what I wanted. The filet, crab cake, shrimp, and scallops tasted great. (FWIW - no restaurant crab cake is as good as a homemade one. My wife would rather have had one of Gilligan's.) My wife loved their shrimp macaroni salad. I was meh. The hushpuppies were sooooo good.

By the time we left just before 7:00, there was a good crowd on the deck and inside. Not so big that would make you want to turn around though. (Because both the wife and I hate "people").

My only disappointment was they do not have their liquor license yet so no beer on National Beer Day. Their hearing is tomorrow so hopefully they will be serving adult beverages on Saturday.

My only complaint was with whatever they are serving as drawn butter, is not butter. It tasted like Orville Redenbacher's butter flavored popping oil. It never congealed in the little cup. Even as it was getting colder outside.

We will definitely go back, especially since it is so good and so close. I think I would still pick Kevin's by a very slim margin as to which one is better.

Grumpy

Feeling the urge for a road trip today, considering a ride down to Capt Pats to see if it is as good as advertised.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Do they still name it Captain Pat's?

Once again, answered my own question.

Captain Pat's @ Dennis Point.

Last edited:

Grumpy

Feeling the urge for a road trip today, considering a ride down to Capt Pats to see if it is as good as advertised.
Per Mr DoWhat's request... @DoWhat

For an app we split the half lb jumbo shrimp, they were definitely jumbo and had a great taste. I had the crabcake basket, came with fries, hush puppies and cole slaw. Wife got the catfish basket with same sides. Both orders fried, not broiled. Service was great (thx, Tessa), food was a bit better than average and prices were moderate in my eyes. My crabcake was a bit on the smallish size but tasty, which was fine with me. Wife's catfish was half the plate and she said it was great, she couldn't finish it. Only minor complaint was the hush puppies were luke warm, like they were pre-made and sitting on a hot plate for the day, tasted great tho. Little breezy and chilly, sat inside but I think in the summer sitting outside is the way to go. About an hour from my house but we will return, without a doubt.

Last edited:

TPD

the poor dad
Per Mr DoWhat's request...

For an app we split the half lb jumbo shrimp, they were definitely jumbo and had a great taste. I had the crabcake basket, came with fries, hush puppies and cole slaw. Wife got the catfish basket with same sides. Both orders fried, not broiled. Service was great (thx, Tessa), food was a bit better than average and prices were moderate in my eyes. My crabcake was a bit on the smallish size but tasty, which was fine with me. Wife's catfish was half the plate and she said it was great, she couldn't finish it. Only minor complaint was the hush puppies were luke warm, like they were pre-made and sitting on a hot plate for the day, tasted great tho. Little breezy and chilly, sat inside but I think in the summer sitting outside is the way to go. About an hour from my house but we will return, without a doubt.
Their deck is great on a summer evening. Haven't been since Capt Pat's but have been there under other names. We will be heading over when it is warm enough to sit outside.

Grumpy

An older than me couple sat down at a table near us when we were getting ready to leave. They ordered 2 beers, a Coors Lite and a Bud Lite, waitress bought them their beers, unopened..The guy got the Bud Lite and of course it was the Southern Md Special (10 oz)..He kept looking at it, compared it to his wifes. He had a Dennis Point Campground hoodie on but obviously wasn't from around here..I mentioned to my waitress that I think he wants to swap his 10 oz can for a 12 oz draft. She fixed him up. Couldn't hear his discussion with his wife through all this but it was obvious that he was thinking WTF is this. :lol:

Last edited:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

Thank you.
Sorry we couldn't meet up.
We look forward to the day we can.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Almost swung by your house on the way home but I knew 4 to 5pm was your nap time and I didn't want to wake you.
You know me too well.
I would of loved to have given your beautiful wife a hug.
Please tell her D and I said hello.

PeoplesElbow

An older than me couple sat down at a table near us when we were getting ready to leave. They ordered 2 beers, a Coors Lite and a Bud Lite, waitress bought them their beers, unopened..The guy got the Bud Lite and of course it was the Southern Md Special (8 oz)..He kept looking at it, compared it to his wifes. He had a Dennis Point Campground hoodie on but obviously wasn't from around here..I mentioned to my waitress that I think he wants to swap his 8 oz can for a 12 oz draft. She fixed him up. Couldn't hear his discussion with his wife through all this but it was obvious that he was thinking WTF is this. :lol:
8 oz?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Trying to plan an intimate dinner with a special friend. Would Capt. Pat's be a good option? She likes the water, beaches, and sunsets. With the weather warming, it sounds like a possible dinner spot (outdoor dining). She likes all seafood, but is particularly fond of broiled $callup$. Anyone tried them yet? TIA.

Last edited: