Car prices remain high as Chinese-made semiconductor shortage keeps inventories low

Grumpy

It had belonged to Frank Ellis an older local shopkeeper back in the day. The car was originally sold at Bell Motor Company. He probably special ordered it because he was too cheap to pay for carpet. That's an added expense for luxury, just like A/C. :lol:
Think a VW I had had rubber floors, no carpet..Think all my other cars at that time had carpet with the wonderful stale aromas of Schlitz, Strohs, Bud, Boones Farm, Peppermint schnapps and other assorted high dollar beverages of the 60s/70s

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The best cars I ever own were 69 - 72 VW Beetles ...... 90 Hp Flat 4 25 - 30 MPG

The only car to beat the Beetles was my 95 Saturn ... 20 yrs and 200k miles later I still got over 35 MPG until the Ethanol Mandate

Kinnakeet

Look into the Right-to-repair laws and you’ll understand why silicon and semiconductors were a necessary transition. My current car doesn’t even have the lug nut torque spec in the owners manual that comes in the glove box. You have to buy the shop manual (for $150) to get that data. Of course, available on the internet but manufacturers don’t want anything but factory trained technicians touching anything on modern cars. It’s all about protecting an income stream.
Also your owners manual tells you DO NOT DRINK THE BATTERY WATER