Car Show

BEADELDOG

Hard part about a Camaro is that at shows, they dominate so sticking out from the rest becomes difficult. Thats why I ditched the ralleys, dumped the front end 2 inches, went to 27X10 tires to jack the back end up and give it that old school look that seems to get its fair share of compliments. Works for me.

Never showed any bikes though have owned a few. Never intended to show my car but after going to the local shows found that I could hang with the some of them. Its all in fun anyway. Seen some cars come to shows that leak like the Exxon Valdez and still manage to walk away with trophies. Just wished the crowd was a little younger. I am 40 now and feel like a kid amongst the older folks.

Same deal at bike shows; it used to amaze me the bikes that would win. I agree it is all about having fun. I don't think you are going to find the younger crowd there for several reasons, they like the loud bee sounding cars, and the older cars are to expensive and to hard to come by. I was always one of the younger ones showing my bike also. I might be prejudice, but only good things came out of 1969 :whistle:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Same deal at bike shows; it used to amaze me the bikes that would win. I agree it is all about having fun. I don't think you are going to find the younger crowd there for several reasons, they like the loud bee sounding cars, and the older cars are to expensive and to hard to come by. I was always one of the younger ones showing my bike also. I might be prejudice, but only good things came out of 1969 :whistle:

Yeah it pretty hard for your average kid to own vintage muscle these days. I have been to some shows where the only person I spoke to all day were spectators and not other car owners because they were busy taking a siesta or sucking Oxygen! LOL Just kidding. It is an older gentlemens game these days. I got lucky when I got mine. I have but some $$$$ in my car and still have a long road to get to where I would like the car to be.

R

residentofcre

I have to go to the Board to get a waiver to allow the Bikes to park at the amenities. Currently it's against the Rules & Regs...

Let's not get into the politics of it... it's a rule at this time... but most of all it can be waived... so let me take it to the Board and show them this thread too.

I am also asking for the June Calendar. If someone wants to have a wedding or something in the Clubhouse... we may have to move the show.... but we have 66 miles of road... so there ahs to be a great place for a show in there....

BEADELDOG

Yeah it pretty hard for your average kid to own vintage muscle these days. I have been to some shows where the only person I spoke to all day were spectators and not other car owners because they were busy taking a siesta or sucking Oxygen! LOL Just kidding. It is an older gentlemens game these days. I got lucky when I got mine. I have but some $$$$ in my car and still have a long road to get to where I would like the car to be.

:killingme

Well from the pictures, it looks like you have done a great job so far. Do you do the work yourself?

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
I have to go to the Board to get a waiver to allow the Bikes to park at the amenities. Currently it's against the Rules & Regs...

Let's not get into the politics of it... it's a rule at this time... but most of all it can be waived... so let me take it to the Board and show them this thread too.

I am also asking for the June Calendar. If someone wants to have a wedding or something in the Clubhouse... we may have to move the show.... but we have 66 miles of road... so there ahs to be a great place for a show in there....

Any wide open grass area's that aren't mud boggs? The Colonial Beach Show when they had one (been awhile for me) does it on the grass. Brass Rail did it in the grass two. Didn't seem to be a problem for anyone.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
:killingme

Well from the pictures, it looks like you have done a great job so far. Do you do the work yourself?

Bought car with body as is. Trust me, its a driver. has some bubbling in a couple spots and some scratches. Overall it looks good. Rebuilt the top end of the motor(cam, heads,carb) and put new seats in. Rebuilt rearend so I have two sets of spinning sneakers. Converted to drilled discs up front with 2" dropped spindles. Added 4 point bolt in roll bar as well.

BEADELDOG

Bought car with body as is. Trust me, its a driver. has some bubbling in a couple spots and some scratches. Overall it looks good. Rebuilt the top end of the motor(cam, heads,carb) and put new seats in. Rebuilt rearend so I have two sets of spinning sneakers. Converted to drilled discs up front with 2" dropped spindles. Added 4 point bolt in roll bar as well.

Well, that went right over my head!! That is why I will never own one; I sure as heck can't afford to buy one already fixed up. Who am I kidding, I am pretty sure I couldn't afford one that needed fixing :frown: Oh well I will just keep admiring everyone else’s.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Well, that went right over my head!! That is why I will never own one; I sure as heck can't afford to buy one already fixed up. Who am I kidding, I am pretty sure I couldn't afford one that needed fixing :frown: Oh well I will just keep admiring everyone else’s.

Mine was pretty nice when i got it but it looked so much like everyone elses that I had to go a different route that takes me into a different class at the shows since it is no longer stock in performance and appearance. I don't care because the car reflects me and who I am.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Hard part about a Camaro is that at shows, they dominate so sticking out from the rest becomes difficult. Thats why I ditched the ralleys, dumped the front end 2 inches, went to 27X10 tires to jack the back end up and give it that old school look that seems to get its fair share of compliments. Works for me.

Never showed any bikes though have owned a few. Never intended to show my car but after going to the local shows found that I could hang with the some of them. Its all in fun anyway. Seen some cars come to shows that leak like the Exxon Valdez and still manage to walk away with trophies. Just wished the crowd was a little younger. I am 40 now and feel like a kid amongst the older folks.

My friends 67 Camaro will be at the show on sunday.... It has 33x22.50's on it :lmao: Front end so low we have to pick up on the car just to get a jack under it :yay: My 55 looks like a Monster Truck sitting next to his car.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Hubby has 3 hot rods and none of them work because they are all in various stages of restoration. One day we might make it to a car show as participants instead of spectators.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Okay so you have saturday to do that and drive Sunday. had to pull mine off to fix a leak this past Saturday as well as a couple manifold bolt leaks too.

If BF has to work Saturday than its a no go but hopefully he will start this tonight. He repalced the fuel pump last night, went to adjust the timing and it started to sputter.... He said there better be something wrong with the carb.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
If BF has to work Saturday than its a no go but hopefully he will start this tonight. He repalced the fuel pump last night, went to adjust the timing and it started to sputter.... He said there better be something wrong with the carb.

Hope it works out for you guys. If you come to show then get there early because I feel there are going to be people turned away. Its happened the last couple years. I hear there are over 500 registered.

R

residentofcre

OK... it's a car and bike show.... I got the Board to say they would allow it....

Also I got the motorcycle issue on a ballot issue this year....

So... is there an entry fee generally? Is there a form generally?

Has anyone ever set one of these up?

Gotta go to work now... I'll check back at lunch:coffee:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
OK... it's a car and bike show.... I got the Board to say they would allow it....

Also I got the motorcycle issue on a ballot issue this year....

So... is there an entry fee generally? Is there a form generally?

Has anyone ever set one of these up?

Gotta go to work now... I'll check back at lunch:coffee:

Registration fees usually go to charity with portion used to cover some expenditures. Not sure how you want to do that. I can FAX you a copy of a typical form if you like though might be able to snag an electronic one someplace.

This might help some as it gives many area car shows with some associated web links.

Car Show News - Maryland Car Show Schedule

R

residentofcre

Registration fees usually go to charity with portion used to cover some expenditures. Not sure how you want to do that. I can FAX you a copy of a typical form if you like though might be able to snag an electronic one someplace.

This might help some as it gives many area car shows with some associated web links.

Car Show News - Maryland Car Show Schedule

Ok... I love the idea of a charity and covering the cost of the event with entry...

I went to the web site... but it's way over my head... I mean I couldn't find any rules... guess I'll have to get the Board Member who suggested this to give me some input....

I love the websites I saw... they are really cool....