Catholic church/Pope/Vatican/Pedophile thread

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
1,000s of kids sexually abused by RC priests in PA

This is just in part of one US state. How many more priests have avoided getting caught? Time to remove the statute of limitations for pedophiles. Jail those who covered up the abuse along with the perverts.

When will this end? Time for Francis to step up and protect the children, not just the children of migrants.

There were hundreds of “predator priests” sexually abusing more than 1,000 children in Pennsylvania for decades — all while being shielded by Roman Catholic Church leaders, according to a scathing grand jury report released Tuesday.
“The main thing was not to help children, but to avoid scandal,” the report states, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. “Priests were raping little boys and girls, and the men of God who were responsible for them not only did nothing: They hid it all.”

Church officials would routinely use language like “horseplay” to downplay concerns brought forward by victims or their families, Shapiro said.
“Several diocesan administrators, including the bishops, often dissuaded victims from reporting abuse to police, pressured law enforcement to terminate or avoid an investigation or conducted their own deficient, biased investigation without reporting crimes against children to the proper authorities,” the report says.
The report names 301 abusive priests, but the grand jury received files on more than 400, Shapiro said, adding, “We don’t think we got them all” because not all allegations were documented by the church.

About 1,000 child victims were identifiable from the church’s records, but investigators believe the real number is much greater.

Of course they did. They don't have the children's best interest at heart. It's all about the church and the weekly donations.
Church officials, who had tried to block the report’s release, braced for the aftermath.

how many more children must suffer at the hands of these perverts?

Hijinx

Anybody been watching Channel 4.?
It seems that Cardinal Weuhrl as the Bishop there while a lot of this went one.
Over 300 cases.
Cardinal Weuhrl says it's not so bad after all this covers 70 years.

Yes: Cardinal 70 years of this and you guys still haven't figured a way to stop it.

It was clear Weuhrl was trying desperately to avoid answering any direct question, subterfuge, mis-direct, and continued to protect his flock.

They haven't figured out a way to stop it because they don't want to.

Hijinx

It was clear Weuhrl was trying desperately to avoid answering any direct question, subterfuge, mis-direct, and continued to protect his flock.

They haven't figured out a way to stop it because they don't want to.

Allowing Priests to marry would help.

black dog

Free America
Allowing Priests to marry would help.

Maybe some, I believe only about 40-45% of pedo's are or were married.
How about the church notifies LE when it comes to there attention that a crime has been committed.
But instead the church just moves the pedo to another church and the assaults just keep happening.
One would also think parents would have learned long ago not to leave there children unattended where they can be assaulted by clergy.

littlelady

God bless the USA
The flip flop wearing members on this forum, absolutely, are a hoot. This forum is way too much fun! Thanks, y’all.

Hijinx

Maybe some, I believe only about 40-45% of pedo's are or were married.
How about the church notifies LE when it comes to there attention that a crime has been committed.
But instead the church just moves the pedo to another church and the assaults just keep happening.
One would also think parents would have learned long ago not to leave there children unattended where they can be assaulted by clergy.

I blame this on the parents of the child that was molested.
If my child were molested I would call the local sheriff, not the Bioshop or someone in the church.
Nor would I let them buy me off or talk me out of it---for the good of the church--my ass.
The pedophile belongs in prison.

That is the major problem, IMO they call the Bishop and he comes down with promises of punishment take the priest away and hides him.
Then makes a pay -off with money donated by believers, or sells church property that has been in the hands of the church for hundreds of years to pay off the law suits.
Then denies that is why it is sold.
BS call the Sheriff. Call the State Police.

Hijinx

This was only in Pennsylvania, I am sure the rest of the states had no such problem.:sarcasm:

DUH.

It has always been my thought that when faced with these problems and his ability to solve the issue Pope Benedict retired.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I would say where are our resident zealot Catholics on this topic, but there does not seem to be any on this forum anymore. Sad state of affairs for everybody.