Catholic church/Pope/Vatican/Pedophile thread

PsyOps

Pixelated
With that being said, however, it would appear that when a Catholic priest is found to have done it there is more outrage than when other members of the population do so. If I had time I suppose I could go on and dig up police sexual abuse, coaches, lawyers, family members, etc and so forth, but here's a clue as to what I speak of.

You're right. And there's a reason for that. Those in the clergy hold a so-called 'standard' that ordinary don't hold. They make promises to their church and the church's congregation to adhere to the tenets of the bible. Priests hold even a higher standard of celibacy. But children? That doesn't just violate their simple oath to celibacy; it's just pure evil.

And this doesn't just create outrage against the priests that committed these crimes; the entire Church - all the way up to the Vatican - covered it up. This is so widespread within the Church that I'm having a hard time understanding how they will survive. The Church knew about it and did nothing. It took law enforcement to catch them.

I know you're a Catholic, so I say this with all due respect - but the Catholic Church (those in authority) makes me sick. They are an evil bunch.

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I would say where are our resident zealot Catholics on this topic, but there does not seem to be any on this forum anymore. Sad state of affairs for everybody.

Kind of hard to take the side of pedophiles and their enablers.

Smokey1

When the Catholic Church starts letting priests be married this crime should start fading away.

Last edited:

Hijinx

Being Catholic is getting tougher. I believe in the Catholic Church, but the practitioners of it are the problem.
I am sure there are many priests who are as pure as the driven snow, but these perverts make it bad for all of them.

What is worse is the higher ups who cover up for them. There is no excuse for that.
It is hard to go to Church and wonder if your priest is one of the guilty ones.
I have never understood why a couple having marital problems would go to talk to a Priest.He knows nothing of being married.
I also believe Priests should be allowed to marry.
There really is no sensible reason why they cannot.

The faith has survived for over 2,000 years and it will survive this, but it's past time they stick to old rules such as not allowing birth control or archaic divorce rules, while hiding priests who are guilty of child abuse.

awpitt

Main Streeter
The faith has survived for over 2,000 years and it will survive this, but it's past time they stick to old rules such as not allowing birth control or archaic divorce rules, while hiding priests who are guilty of child abuse.

Christianity is a faith. Catholicism is a religion.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The hits just keep on coming. Good thing this guy gave up wearing the big pointy hat a few years ago.

Based on the article's data, every month for 70 years, 4 kids were sexually abused by someone linked to the German catholic church.

Cue the pedo apologists who will claim that it happens in other religions too.

Ex-Pope Benedict Accused of Failing to Act in Munich Church Abuse
Former Pope Benedict XVI failed to take action against clerics in four cases of alleged sexual abuse in his archdiocese when he was Archbishop of Munich, a report released Thursday found, compounding a scandal engulfing the Catholic Church.

The report, commissioned by the archdiocese, said there were at least 497 victims of abuse, mainly young males. Many other cases had probably not been reported, said the lawyers.

The WSW lawyers were tasked with finding out who knew what happened in the archdiocese and any action they took. Attention has focused on Joseph Ratzinger, later Pope Benedict XVI, who was Archbishop of Munich and Freising between 1977 and 1982.

In 2018, Germany's Catholic Church, which is among the world's wealthiest thanks in part to church tax paid by members, apologized to victims after a report found that clerics had abused around 3,700 victims in the seven decades up to 2014.
Last year, a report into the archdiocese of Cologne between 1975 and 2018 found 202 abusers and 314 victims, and said Church officials had failed in their duties in some 75 cases.

Ex-Pope Benedict Accused of Failing to Act in Munich Church Abuse Report | Newsmax.com

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
OK, Pinocchio. Whatever you say.
HOMOSEXUAL PREDATORS.........is what I say. They attacked sexually mature young men, not children. Still wrong, still covered up but these ******s were the predators . The woke press did not want to offend the HOMOs