Catholic School fires teacher

Should teacher be fired?

• Yes, she agreed to the contract fire her.

Votes: 37 92.5%
  • Suspend her until the baby is born.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • No the rule is stupid and her life is her life.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Etred101

Reminds me a Benny Hill skit.

"He was born just outside of Wedlock...." and the screen shifts to a sign in front of the Town of Wedlock.

I dont think that there is a public policy supporting getting pregnant outside of marriage which would over ride the contract. I know TMI.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
First of all, yes, she signed a 'contract' and knew better.

Second of all, what the hell does THAT mean Baja28?
In response to this.

How about not being stupid enough to get pregnant? Both the idiot that knocked her up and her!

There are a lot of single moms on here.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
First, I would have to question the legality of the clause if I were her.

Second, and with the question of the legality of the first set aside for now, I would say she broke the contract that she signed of her own free will and as such she was fired justly.

I personally don't agree with the clause but it's not up for me to decide.

Dork

Highlander's MPD
:smack:
Anyhow, she's a role model for the kids. How can she teach them about abstinence when she doesn't follow it? Her punishment is deserved.

Many parents choose Catholic schools in an attempt to get them into a better environment where morals are stressed in every day school life. You generally don't see kids in catholic school getting pregnant or doing other things that you would see as common in public schools. Although the catholic schools are not perfect, their rules against single mother pregnancies is a good one and should be enforced. This teacher should just move on and get a job at a public school where she will blend in with all the other single to be mothers. Besides, she'll get paid better.

smcop

:yeahthat:
Many parents choose Catholic schools in an attempt to get them into a better environment where morals are stressed in every day school life. You generally don't see kids in catholic school getting pregnant or doing other things that you would see as common in public schools. Although the catholic schools are not perfect, their rules against single mother pregnancies is a good one and should be enforced. This teacher should just move on and get a job at a public school where she will blend in with all the other single to be mothers. Besides, she'll get paid better.

:yeahthat:

camily

Peace

That's not very nice.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I wonder if they'd fire a male teacher if he got his GF preggo. :shrug: While he doesn't carry the child, it might leak out to the students when he becomes a daddy. :shrug:
If he was a teacher and he signed the same contract, why not?
That's not what Billy Joel thinks. He said: "Come out, come out Virginia don't wait, the catholic girls start much too late, sooner or later it comes down to fate, you might as well be the one, you know that only the good die young"!
Sorry Dork just being silly here but, when I went to catholic school in the 60's, promiscuity was very prevalent. Even parents who want the best for their kids find it difficult battling the evil media influence & peer pressure.

camily

Peace
If he was a teacher and he signed the same contract, why not?

That's not what Billy Joel thinks. He said: "Come out, come out Virginia don't wait, the catholic girls start much too late, sooner or later it comes down to fate, you might as well be the one, you know that only the good die young"!
Sorry Dork just being silly here but, when I went to catholic school in the 60's, promiscuity was very prevalent. Even parents who want the best for their kids find it difficult battling the evil media influence & peer pressure.

I went to private school too. Need I say more?

SLIM

I don't know what catholic school you went to but there were plenty of 'pregnant' or 'other things' going on at the one I went to and that was a long time ago so I'm sure it is not so much the 'morals' as it is the quality of the education and the standards that they set.

smcop

I don't know what catholic school you went to but there were plenty of 'pregnant' or 'other things' going on at the one I went to and that was a long time ago so I'm sure it is not so much the 'morals' as it is the quality of the education and the standards that they set.
There were pregnant second graders? Your school was pretty advanced.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I think contracts like this have held up. After all it is a private institution where teaching their definition of moral values is the primary reason for their existence. She signed the contract, she knew the rules. Abortion I'm sure also would break the rules, assuming she got caught. Male teachers fathering children out of wedlock are probably subject to the same treatment, again, assuming they got caught. I wonder if she has the option of getting married in order to keep her job.