Catholic School fires teacher

Should teacher be fired?

• Yes, she agreed to the contract fire her.

Votes: 37 92.5%
  • Suspend her until the baby is born.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • No the rule is stupid and her life is her life.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Depends on the circumstances, if she was raped then my answer would be no. If she just got caught, then yes.

I wonder if they'd fire a male teacher if he got his GF preggo. :shrug: While he doesn't carry the child, it might leak out to the students when he becomes a daddy. :shrug:

I would imagine yes - if his contract had a morality clause and especially if the private school was a religous school... why not? What's good for the goose is good for the gander right? - gotta put that in Old Time Sayings :yay:

Last edited:

signora

A Catholic school had a contract with a teacher, and in the contract was a moral clause. One thing being, the teacher couldn't get pregnant out of wedlock. The second grade teacher got pregnant and the school fired her. Do you agree?

Since the clause was written in the contract, which she did sign, then yes she should be fired. I'm Catholic, but I don't agree w/everything that the Catholic Church expects of us. Even though the teacher could have practiced abstinence like they expect unmarried people to do, things happen and like I feel - things happen for a reason so maybe she getting pregnant was just meant to be.

What's kind of interesting about this is that they put a moral clause in a contract for women teachers to abide by concerning getting pregnant out of wedlock, but for years the Catholic Church covered up incidents, which involved Catholic Priests molestering children. Just my opinion, but I think that is a lot more morally wrong then an unmarried woman becoming pregnant.

smcop

Since the clause was written in the contract, which she did sign, then yes she should be fired. I'm Catholic, but I don't agree w/everything that the Catholic Church expects of us. Even though the teacher could have practiced abstinence like they expect unmarried people to do, things happen and like I feel - things happen for a reason so maybe she getting pregnant was just meant to be.

What's kind of interesting about this is that they put a moral clause in a contract for women teachers to abide by concerning getting pregnant out of wedlock, but for years the Catholic Church covered up incidents, which involved Catholic Priests molestering children. Just my opinion, but I think that is a lot more morally wrong then an unmarried woman becoming pregnant.
I agree with that. But two rights don't make a wrong. I'm not saying it's wrong to have pre-marital sex, but if you are teaching children and being a role model at a private institution, then I as a parent wouldn't want the teacher to be teaching my second grader. I shouldn't have to answer that question.

R

RadioPatrol

A Catholic school had a contract with a teacher, and in the contract was a moral clause. One thing being, the teacher couldn't get pregnant out of wedlock. The second grade teacher got pregnant and the school fired her. Do you agree?

this is an old story, or has this happened again .... bubbled back up because of a lawsuit ?

R

RadioPatrol

I agree with that. But two rights don't make a wrong. I'm not saying it's wrong to have pre-marital sex, but if you are teaching children and being a role model at a private institution, then I as a parent wouldn't want the teacher to be teaching my second grader. I shouldn't have to answer that question.

The Catholic Church does, as do most Protestant Churches ... so if it is a school based on Religious Morals ( there is that word again ) where the teachers are held / asked to keep a higher standard aka a Morals Clause in their employment contract, than what goes on in the world then yes she should be fired for breech of contract ....... Male or Female should be shown the door ...... the whole cause and effect thing - if you do something wrong than you should be punished .......

Novus Collectus

If she signed the contract that is legal under the lawm then end of story.