Changes mid county

mitzi

You obviously have never eaten at Linda's, or you would know exactly what I'm talking about. Either that or you're not local, or you like to poke fun at the locals. Regardless you've touched a nerve and I kind of resent it.

Linda's has a good mix, lots of locals that seem to know each other, lots and lots of people from the base, people just passing through that have been there before, people that are obviously well off, some not so well off. I have NEVER seen a drunk in there, nor anyone that I would know right from looking at them that they are a "crackhead". I have never sat next to anyone that smelled, dressed in rags, etc. etc. Linda herself has been there from time to time and she's friendly, chatty, and welcoming. In fact I have been waited on by the same people for the last several years; they've been with Linda that long. Wonder what the reason is Clem? Maybe because it's a nice place to work perhaps, maybe because the crowd is so good? Who the hell knows? All I know is they have good omelets, better grits, great french toast, and they know who you are when you walk in and they keep pouring the coffee. Oh and they frequently have a line to get in for breakfast. The vibe inside the restaurant, is eclectic, as are the diners, and exactly what I would expect and HOPE to find in a small town like this one. It's a good crowd - never, ever seen a problem in that place. Little loud sometimes, but it's a good happy loud.

I don't know where the homeless shelter is in proximity to Lindas, I seldom see anyone near the thrift store at the other end and honestly seldom see anyone hanging in that area. Maybe you need to take your happy ass down there and have breakfast, improve your outlook on the day.

Rant over w/apologies in advance.

Don't apologize to someone so condescending.

Bonehead

I have a feeling he new location will change everything about Linda's that made it what it was. If that makes any sense..I think that the new place will try to be all things to all people and lose a lot.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I have a feeling he new location will change everything about Linda's that made it what it was. If that makes any sense..I think that the new place will try to be all things to all people and lose a lot.
The new place parking is gonna suck.

Reactions: rio

NOTSMC

Thank you. That's exactly what I was thinking expressed articulately. I really wish her well though in branching out and maybe if the expansion doesn't pan out, she'll keep on working it until she hits the right formula. She's been in business for as long as I can remember, sure as hell knows what's she's doing. I respect that.

PeoplesElbow

You obviously have never eaten at Linda's, or you would know exactly what I'm talking about. Either that or you're not local, or you like to poke fun at the locals. Regardless you've touched a nerve and I kind of resent it.

Linda's has a good mix, lots of locals that seem to know each other, lots and lots of people from the base, people just passing through that have been there before, people that are obviously well off, some not so well off. I have NEVER seen a drunk in there, nor anyone that I would know right from looking at them that they are a "crackhead". I have never sat next to anyone that smelled, dressed in rags, etc. etc. Linda herself has been there from time to time and she's friendly, chatty, and welcoming. In fact I have been waited on by the same people for the last several years; they've been with Linda that long. Wonder what the reason is Clem? Maybe because it's a nice place to work perhaps, maybe because the crowd is so good? Who the hell knows? All I know is they have good omelets, better grits, great french toast, and they know who you are when you walk in and they keep pouring the coffee. Oh and they frequently have a line to get in for breakfast. The vibe inside the restaurant, is eclectic, as are the diners, and exactly what I would expect and HOPE to find in a small town like this one. It's a good crowd - never, ever seen a problem in that place. Little loud sometimes, but it's a good happy loud.

I don't know where the homeless shelter is in proximity to Lindas, I seldom see anyone near the thrift store at the other end and honestly seldom see anyone hanging in that area. Maybe you need to take your happy ass down there and have breakfast, improve your outlook on the day.

Homeless shelter is just on the other side of the old library. I have had a lot of people approach me for money in the area.

Clem72

I was talking about the area around the restaurant, not inside of it. If you don't know where the homeless shelter is and cant recognize the crackheads in the area then I honestly need to question your credentials as a local.

NOTSMC

I was talking about the area around the restaurant, not inside of it. If you don't know where the homeless shelter is and cant recognize the crackheads in the area then I honestly need to question your credentials as a local.
I've lived here for about 26 years Clem and I'm not considered a local. For the record, I just found out today where the homeless shelter is located, I mean I really have no reason to know or care, I'm fortunate enough to have a home. Still wouldn't know a crackhead if I fell over one. Maybe I'm just not as sensitive to things like that as you are or maybe my RBF keeps them away...don't know. I do know that every single time I've been to Lindas, and I go to breakfast there a lot, I've just never seen what you've suggested hanging around the area. No offense but maybe it's you and your superiority complex.

Regardless Lindas still has ambiance and good vibes and extremely nice friendly people.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
When I was a lab manager, every morning one of my lab techs would make a Linda's run. I can still remember my regular order of 2 eggs over easy, rye toast, links, and grits. It was always cooked to perfection. :yay:

SamSpade

Cant believe a hog trough can't stay in business in southern MD.
I think it was COVID that killed it. My kids loved that place. They are ALL of them kinda picky and dinner is a careful management of who gets to eat what they don't like and who does. Golden Corral meant they could ALL eat as much as they wanted of anything they wanted. My son could finally eat a dinner of NOTHING but heaping platefuls of mac and cheese.

PeoplesElbow

I think it was COVID that killed it. My kids loved that place. They are ALL of them kinda picky and dinner is a careful management of who gets to eat what they don't like and who does. Golden Corral meant they could ALL eat as much as they wanted of anything they wanted. My son could finally eat a dinner of NOTHING but heaping platefuls of mac and cheese.
I enjoyed a buffet when I couldn't decide what I wanted.

That sounds like a big bout of constipation right there though.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I think it was COVID that killed it.

Nope. It was tyrannical governments imposing lock-downs with the threat of fines and jail, (under the guise of "health and safety"), that killed many small business while large corporate businesses were allowed to continue to operate.