Changes mid county

DaSDGuy

If they open a new Aldi in Millison Plaza, what happens to the current Aldi near Wildwood? Keep it open?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
If they open a new Aldi in Millison Plaza, what happens to the current Aldi near Wildwood? Keep it open?
They just invested a bunch of money to expand it and the parking lot, new self-check registers... not sure they would have done that if they were planning another store.

Also thinking of demographics. Would people from Hollywood/Wildewood want to travel to Lex Park to shop at an Aldi?

DaSDGuy

They just invested a bunch of money to expand it and the parking lot, new self-check registers... not sure they would have done that if they were planning another store.

Also thinking of demographics. Would people from Hollywood/Wildewood want to travel to Lex Park to shop at an Aldi?
And yet, another store is exactly what was reported to be in the plan:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
And yet, another store is exactly what was reported to be in the plan:

You asked it they would keep the old Aldi open if a new one were opened in Lex Park. I said probably yes. Didn't say they wouldn't open the new one.

DaSDGuy

You asked it they would keep the old Aldi open if a new one were opened in Lex Park. I said probably yes. Didn't say they wouldn't open the new one.
"not sure they would have done that if they were planning another store." doesn't read as a probably yes.

SamSpade

"not sure they would have done that if they were planning another store." doesn't read as a probably yes.
Hence, the evil of the dangling participle - "that" refers to "closing the Wildewood store" and not "open the Millison Plaza store".

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Whatever. Intent: Are they going to close the 1st store? No, they invested too much into it. Are they going to open a 2nd store? Sounds like it.

2 stores. OK?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Whatever. Intent: Are they going to close the 1st store? No, they invested too much into it. Are they going to open a 2nd store? Sounds like it.

2 stores. OK?
Sounds like 2 stores.

my_work_here_is_done_.jpg

mitzi

I was talking about the area around the restaurant, not inside of it. If you don't know where the homeless shelter is and cant recognize the crackheads in the area then I honestly need to question your credentials as a local.

Who cares about the homeless shelter. It's not the kind of shelter where drugged out and drunk people stumble in to flop for the night. They have to be drug/alcohol free, participate in programs and have strict rules.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Cant believe a hog trough can't stay in business in southern MD.
I’ve heard a lot of people say that about GC, but I always found the food to be fresh and as high a quality as any place in the county. Some of the patrons could be a little sketchy though.

PeoplesElbow

I’ve heard a lot of people say that about GC, but I always found the food to be fresh and as high a quality as any place in the county. Some of the patrons could be a little sketchy though.
I only ate there once before it closed, the food looked alright, nothing wrong with it, but found it very bland tasting.