Which would you rather play

• Checkers

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Halo

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

mamatutu

mama to two
Chess. Same board type as checkers. My father taught me how to play, and I taught my children. We never owned a gaming thing like xbox or playstation. That might seem harsh, but one of my brothers never had a tv in his house when raising his children! :jet:

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
Ah, Halo over checkers. My son and I had a blast playing the whole game through together in co-op mode. Also play chess on occasion. If the point is that games are best played with another human, that's right. And that's why a lot of video games these days, the solo campaign is viewed as basically a wrapper for the multiplayer.

glhs837

Power with Control
Everybody acts as if people who play video games do nothing else, as if they are the only thing a person can do. Gamers do tons of other stuff, like ride motorcycles, play sports, do crafts, etc.

Me, I ride my motorcycle, drive my car, do some woodworking and electrical tinkering, work on my house and cars and bike, go kayaking, do some homebrewing, and tons of other stuff. Both of my kids are gamers, both read voraciously, and have active social lives outside gaming and have other hobbies and interests.

I'll be stepping off:otter: my soapbox now

Toxick

Splat
Buncha goddam Luddites running around in here.

Turn your computers off and go chop some firewood cavemen. :neener:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Chess. Same board type as checkers. My father taught me how to play, and I taught my children. We never owned a gaming thing like xbox or playstation. That might seem harsh, but one of my brothers never had a tv in his house when raising his children! :jet:

That's how it went in my family. Then when I was in college my dad started buying me gaming systems, so I finally have an xbox 360 and a wii :lol:

I have an old Super Nintendo which I am kick-ass at... :coffee: I dare anyone to try to beat me at Mortal Kombat.

...and I have a wii. I can only play Mario Kart on that ... the 3-D games throw me off. I just want to play the games where the little dude runs horizontally across the screen. :ohwell:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I have an old Super Nintendo which I am kick-ass at... :coffee: I dare anyone to try to beat me at Mortal Kombat.

...and I have a wii. I can only play Mario Kart on that ... the 3-D games throw me off. I just want to play the games where the little dude runs horizontally across the screen. :ohwell:

I tell my two that I would rule if we played Atari or Nintendo instead of the xbox. My mom still has both at her house so I should get them and set them up at our house and show them that Momma does have some skills, even if they are out of date by 30 years. :killingme

Misfit

Lawful neutral

I bought a multi cart (it's a game cartridge with 200 games on it) from Japan for the Nintendo DS a few years ago. It has every game you can think of on it. Donkey Kong, Pac Man, Qbert, Galaga you name it it's on there. I play it every morning whilst I drop a deuce. :yay:

I tell my two that I would rule if we played Atari or Nintendo instead of the xbox. My mom still has both at her house so I should get them and set them up at our house and show them that Momma does have some skills, even if they are out of date by 30 years. :killingme

Oldies but Goodies!!! :tantrum

The new ones are too advanced for me. :cds: My four-year-old does better.

Toxick

Splat

You can set up a NES or Atari emulator on your computer. And I can rig you something up to get Game Cartridge ROM data on your computer so you can play any game you still have on your console emulator.

Or you can download pre-done ROMs, but I wouldn't suggest that since you can get malicious software that way, and also because it's illegal.

I played Metroid and Super Metroid not that long ago. I can't find my old Zelda 3 cartridge :'(

I bought a multi cart (it's a game cartridge with 200 games on it) from Japan for the Nintendo DS a few years ago. It has every game you can think of on it. Donkey Kong, Pac Man, Qbert, Galaga you name it it's on there. I play it every morning whilst I drop a deuce. :yay:

I have never heard of it... Where did you get it? :jet:

Also, thanks for sharing the shiitty information. :coffee:

glhs837

Power with Control
Kids and I play together, and they, with their much faster reflexes, have an advantage with fast twitch style games. About a year ago, the boy bought a used Super Nintendo. It came with Super Mario. They were freaked out by how good I was at it:) Of course, that system and game came out in 1992, the year I made my last active duty deployment. I bought that system and game during that deployment and spent silly amounts of hours mastering it. That and PilotWings:) Me and some shipmates took over the fourth floor lounge and it's bigscreen projector TV. Since the barracks had no cable service, it sat empty and unused. We would hand off the controllers in shifts:) Machine would be on for days.